Do you use screen-protectors on your phones??

Apurv Patani

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
So i have been using a matte screen protector for sometime on my lumia 720.....but now i think that screen protectors just destroy the beauty of the screen.....so what do u guyz suggest.....shall i put a screen guard on phone or let it go naked??

Skamath

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Clear one if installed right you wouldnt even know it exists. It is good when you decide to sell it I suppose. I had my N8 exchanged to 808 Pureview. The guys at the shop were amazed at the shine and scratch free phone that I gave in.. YMMV. I like it scratch free when I show it off to any Nokia Skeptics or I phone lovers. :D

Dave Bhullar

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site
I don't use screen protectors. Yes you can save your screen from scratches but I don't really like how the screen feels with a screen protector on. It's a trade off I think, and I'm okay with a few scratches.

anon(8171782)

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
I have a clear one on my phone,I have always use screen protectors,I find them very good,even if phone is scratch resistant is still a good idea to have one.but clear ones doesn't look bad.

Felix Bank

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Never used them on any of my phones. The matt protectors destroy the look of the screen and if not applied properly then all protectors look rubbish.

Also you loose that smoothness of the touch screen.

rhapdog

Retired Senior Ambassador
Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
One thing I've learned is that most screen protectors cause more resistance when using a stylus. However, I was only using a stylus to minimize prints on the screen, and with the screen protector, I don't get the prints showing as bad, so the trade of there is fine with me.

I finally upgraded to a Lumia 520 a couple of months ago. Before that, I was still using my HTC Wizard 8125 that I bought in 2006. I finally dropped it hard enough to break the battery cover.

Since I tend to keep a phone for a very long time, I opt for the screen protectors, because 8+ years can see a lot of scratches.

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I don't use screen protectors as they tend to peel at the sides then dust gets in and they scratch making the screen look worse. I have a case for my phone that shuts down on the screen and protects it with a magnet lock. Also doubles as a kick stand. Not bad for ?2.as long as you don't put the phone in the same picket as keys or loose change and make sure nothing is in the cloth when you clean it then there is really no need for a screen protector

k72

Jul 23, 2014
Visit site
I didn't have one on my last phone (had it for a year and a half) and it didn't have a scratch on the screen. My 635 picks up oil, etc so easily and it's hard to wipe off so I got a screen protector for that. Still picks up oils some, but they wipe off easier and make it easier to see the screen even there. I had tried a screen protector before and hated the feel, but these Illumishield ones are like nothing is there and it's actually easier to see the screen at an angle now. So obviously, if you use one, choose carefully. I know some people whose screen protectors look totally disgusting.

psoham777

Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I always use screen protectors. I have phones older than 2 years with screen protectors, still no problems of peeling off or anything like that sort

HaibaneReki

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
never - just recently replaced a totally shattered screen on my 920. But it was a flat face down fall on a rock floor.. I don't mind scratches, the glass feels so good to touch and swipe :winktongue:

ams963

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I always use screen protectors. No matter how much oily the screen gets or scratches it attracts, a few swipes and voila! Crystal clear screen once again.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I always used a screen protector on my first WP phone, my Focus. Towards the end of it's run, I peeled the protector off to try out "going naked". I never realized how much the image had dulled out over time with the screen protector. I never put one on my 920, and I seriously doubt I will going forward.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999