Hi Frnds,

My lumia 720 is installed with WP developer preview 8.1. I wish to change that to the original WP 8.1 version that has released by nokia/Microsoft. How can I do that. Is there any real difference between that??

Thanks in advance!!!

Ligin Vincent
    09-14-2014 12:38 PM
    I'm not sure what you mean

Do you have cyan? If you didn't get cyan yet, then you cant go back to 8.1, as the official 8.1 is a newer release than the preview.

If you have cyan and enabled the preview on top of that and INSTALLED an update (do note, that enabling the dev preview can be disabled by just running the app and unchecking the box if you have not installed any updates from the dev preview, as once an update is installed, the phone cant backdate itself), then that means you grabbed WP8.1.1, which means if you want to go back, you need to use Nokia recovery tool to reinstall a previous OS install, note that this will completely wipe your entire phones memory.
    cjloyola likes this.
    09-14-2014 02:19 PM
    I'm not sure what you mean

Do you have cyan? If you didn't get cyan yet, then you cant go back to 8.1, as the official 8.1 is a newer release than the preview.

If you have cyan and enabled the preview on top of that and INSTALLED an update (do note, that enabling the dev preview can be disabled by just running the app and unchecking the box if you have not installed any updates from the dev preview, as once an update is installed, the phone cant backdate itself), then that means you grabbed WP8.1.1, which means if you want to go back, you need to use Nokia recovery tool to reinstall a previous OS install, note that this will completely wipe your entire phones memory.
    Once the official release has been approved by MS and the carrier, it should be available for OTA updating (it appears that the 720 Cyan update has been approved just about everywhere, Software update for Nokia Lumia with Windows Phone 8 - Nokia). However, there has been a glitch in the process that MS has been working to fix. I had to downgrade my 920 with WP8.1.1DP to WP8 in order via the Nokia Recovery Tool to get the Cyan update and the official WP8.1 (because my phone had its ROM flashed to a British country variant and was not using the original AT&T ROM, I actually had to manually install the Cyan / WP8.1 via a ROM flash, but most people won't need to do that). Then, you can re-install the Developer Preview, and get the update 1, should you choose to.
    09-14-2014 11:37 PM
    hi,
    right now im updating my lumia 720 but its not updating
    09-16-2014 02:00 AM