My Nokia Lumia 720 camera stopped working properly since yesterday. I am having all the apps updated to latest. It was working till there was an update of extras+info.
    Problem is it can't focus on anything beyond couple of feet. I have tried with default camera, Lumia camera and Camera 360. All of them have same issues. Tried resetting camera option and phone hard reset as well but still the same issue. The issue seems to be with rear camera only. I have seen some old threads regarding this issues but my camera has been working perfectly for last one and a half year.
    I don't think my phone fell or roughly used.
    Is anybody also facing the same issue or this seems to be a hardware problem?
    12-22-2014 12:00 AM
    Will it focus properly if its done manually using the manual controls in Nokia/Lumia Camera?
    I would suspect a hardware issue, personally.
    vyohash likes this.
    12-23-2014 01:32 PM
    It is slightly better when focus is set manually in Lumia camera but still the issue exists. I also think it is hardware issue.
    I think Denim update is getting rolled out very soon for Lumia 720. Will check after Denim update and if not fixed then I will take my phone to Nokia service center.
    Thanks xandros9 for your response.
    xandros9 likes this.
    12-24-2014 05:20 AM
    Stupid question, but is your camera glass clean? Grease smudge may cause photos to look out of focus. Also, did you drop your phone prior to that problem? Try setting focus to inifinity and capture a picture. Then, also capture a picture of something up close, again using manual focus.

Post the photos here and we might be able to find out the problem. If not, you may want to get it checked in a Lumia store, whatever it's called now.
    vyohash likes this.
    12-24-2014 06:12 AM
    I have not dropped my phone recently. I have tried after cleaning camera lens also. It is the same.

Here is a sample photo taken with Lumia camera on manual focus. Without manual focus any object more than couple of feet will look blurry.
    Infinity and auto focus look almost same.
    wp_20141224_19_26_25_pro.jpg
    12-30-2014 03:56 AM