Nokia Lumia 720, why isn't voice being picked up?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Nokia Lumia 720 voice not being picked up

Hi, recently no one can hear me speak anymore during phone calls. Speaking through headphones that have a inbuilt microphone also doesn't work. I have also tried recording a voice memo and besides a soft "clicking" noise being recorded (I can hear it when I play back the memo) when I make a very loud noise, no actual voice is being recorded.

Any suggestions as to how to fix it?

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nokia Lumia 720 voice not being picked up

Is it possible that you have ever stuck a headset in that had 3 bands on the plug instead of two? The one's with 3 bands are iOS compatible and they can muck up Windows Phone disconnect recognition. Your phone might think a certain headset is still plugged in.

Try a Soft Reset. Hold the Volume Down + Power buttons until the phone vibrates and reboots (about 10 seconds).

If that is just not your issue - you will have to make a backup and reset your phone. Use one of the tools here: How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - USA

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread...

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: Nokia Lumia 720 voice not being picked up

Have you tried restarting your phone?

It's most likely that what you're experiencing is hardware-level failure, but there's still a chance that it's software-level. Restarting the phone or performing a soft reset are the usual first-aid methods attempted for minor software errors. For corrupted software-level errors, a reinstallation of the OS through the Lumia Software Recovery Tool through a PC should work.

If the failure is hardware-level, then certain parts needs to be replaced. It is recommended that you bring your phone to a service center if a restart, a soft-reset and an OS re-installation all do not work.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos