Hi, recently no one can hear me speak anymore during phone calls. Speaking through headphones that have a inbuilt microphone also doesn't work. I have also tried recording a voice memo and besides a soft "clicking" noise being recorded (I can hear it when I play back the memo) when I make a very loud noise, no actual voice is being recorded.

Any suggestions as to how to fix it?
    07-16-2015 12:31 AM
    Is it possible that you have ever stuck a headset in that had 3 bands on the plug instead of two? The one's with 3 bands are iOS compatible and they can muck up Windows Phone disconnect recognition. Your phone might think a certain headset is still plugged in.

Try a Soft Reset. Hold the Volume Down + Power buttons until the phone vibrates and reboots (about 10 seconds).

If that is just not your issue - you will have to make a backup and reset your phone. Use one of the tools here: How can I recover/reset/restore my phone software? - Microsoft - USA

If you need additional help or have more questions or details to share, please join the site so you can reply in this thread...
    gpobernardo likes this.
    07-16-2015 03:11 PM
    Have you tried restarting your phone?

It's most likely that what you're experiencing is hardware-level failure, but there's still a chance that it's software-level. Restarting the phone or performing a soft reset are the usual first-aid methods attempted for minor software errors. For corrupted software-level errors, a reinstallation of the OS through the Lumia Software Recovery Tool through a PC should work.

If the failure is hardware-level, then certain parts needs to be replaced. It is recommended that you bring your phone to a service center if a restart, a soft-reset and an OS re-installation all do not work.
    RumoredNow likes this.
    07-16-2015 03:37 PM