URGENT: Lumia 720 hangs during alarm-no hard reset, what should I do?

himanshuanand

Oct 21, 2015
Visit site
URGENT: Lumia 720 hangs during alarm-no hard reset

Dear WP Central experts. This is the second time I am having this problem with my Lumia 720. When my morning alarm rings, the phone hangs. Symptoms as follows:
1. The scree is always on. it doesn't go off. At all.
2. Nothing works, not the touch screen neither the power/volume buttons.
3. The alarm keeps ringing for 20-30 minutes.
4. I have to wait for two days until the battery runs out before I can connect it to the charger and restart it. Because hard/soft reset doesn't respond.

Funny thing is, I keep hearing notification sounds for received whatsapp messages, FB posts, I am able to access my photos when I plug it into my pc using USB. But the phone itself is hung, screen is always on, no buttons / touch works.
Another fellow had exactly the same problem, at exactly the same time (alarm time) he made a video on youtube. I am unable to post a link here for clarity. WP admin keeps giving error. But I can send you the link if you give me your emails maybe.

Please help me out.

chetany dubey

Jul 5, 2015
Visit site
Re: URGENT: Lumia 720 hangs during alarm-no hard reset

You say that hard/soft reset doesn't respond so do as follows
To reset an unresponsive phone

If your phone is unresponsive and you can't reach Settings Settings icon, you may be able to reset your phone using the hardware buttons. On Lumia phones (and some others), do the following to reset your phone:

1.Press and hold the Volume down button and Power button buttons at the same time until you feel a vibration (about 10-15 seconds).

2.When you feel the vibration, immediately press and hold the Volume down button until you see a large exclamation mark.

3.Once the exclamation mark appears, press the following four buttons in this order: Volume up button, Volume down button, Power button, Volume down button. Your phone should now reset and restart itself. (It might take a while for the reset to finish.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb