Lumia 720 - Microsoft Account not able to sign in after factory reset - Error 80070050

Abhishek Biswas2

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
So i was using lumia 720 as a daily driver. Downloaded many apps recently through store. But now after factory reset when I try to sign in the microsoft account it says - ( Can't connect . We can't connect at the moment. Wait for a little while and try again). The same problem occurs when i try to install some app. then it shows error (We seem to be experiencing technical difficulties...... This error code may be helpful : 80070057).

Things I have done to solve the problem but not worked.

1. I have checked the date and time and set it manually.
2. Tried both wifi and data connections.
3. Tried changing the language and reseting and then again changing restarting.
4. For region used INDIA - time, date, language.

IF ANY ONE HAVE SOLVED THE PROBLEM PLEASE HELP. ( country - INDIA)

ALSO have not used Windows insider program to go to any other os (win 10) other than normal OTA updates.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi, from a quick google search this seems quite a common problem.
Try deleting your Microsoft account on your phone and then add it again.

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
Ah, I see. Is there a different Wifi point you can connect to?
You say a factory reset, is this a hard reset? or using the Windows Device Recovery Tool?

charlatan1978

Dec 23, 2013
Visit site
I take it you are still running WP8.1.
I have just noticed another user has posted that they can't log into their Microsoft account on their Lumia 635 running 8.1.
Therefore this issue may be MSFT's end and not a fault with your phone.
Are you able to contact Microsoft via the chat function on their website? (Assuming you have a pc / laptop).
Other than that give it a day or so and the issue may be rectified.

SirThoreth

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I've noticed a similar problem with an established phone running Windows Phone 8.1 (my main phone), trying to open the Store, where I get error code 805a01f7. I don't get the error on a Windows 10 Mobile device.

Abhishek Biswas2

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
PROBLEM HAS BEEN SOLVED.
So next day after woking up I was able to sign in as regularly. This is more like a Microsoft Server issue. So those who have this problem just wait for 1 or 2 days.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rikazkhan