Who here is going to buy a Lumia 730?

Edward Aguilar

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I'm going to buy Lumia 735 by selling my current Lumia 1320 (got it at 50% sale 9k php-$200, btw NL 1520 was selling for 12k-$270 but I was too late.) Here will be my pros and cons when I buy Lumia 735.

Pros:
1. Portability
2. Camera (Selfies are fun with my classmates since I'm a student in college)
3. Wireless Charging
4. Quad-core CPU

Cons:
1. Bigger screen
2. Bigger battery

Neutral:
1. Camera button
2. Glance
3. Dolby support
4. On-screen virtual keys

Camera button is nice but I just click on screen to picture. Glance is a nice feature but I'm okay without it since I came from Android land. I'm not that audiophile so I don't care for Dolby support and lastly the on-screen keys, I came from the Android land so I adapted to it.

So there you have it. This was my case and my decision is to buy NL 735 when it comes here in Philippines.

malman89

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
With my phone giving me more issues with every passing day, I gave up on waiting for the 735 to come to the United States as a no contract phone.

Went with a Moto G with LTE instead and have loved it so far. If the 735 comes out quickly - say first week of October - at a competitive price, perhaps I'll give it a test run and return the G. If not, maybe I'll buy a BLU Win Jr to play around with WP. Thanks for the fun community.

anon5658834

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
[FONT=open_sansregular]OK,picked up a nice shiny new green Lumia 735 this morning at Carphone store in Birmingham. The stores only just had delivery today and they had not sorted them out yet. So I was told to come back at 12pm. I now have my phone in my hands. One store had never heard of the phone and never even bothered to check so I had a moan at them. Anyway,my impressions are this. It's a lovely little handset. Build quality is solid as always with Nokia,not too small and definatetly not big,quite lightweight too. Phone feels smooth to the touch on the matt finish,no build quality or display issues and all on the phone works perfectly!! Display in sunlight was great as usual. I can confirm the display is pentile though hardly noticeable. When I first tried the camera it opened very slowly but after the Nokia camera app updated it was fine. Photo saving is pretty fast i will say not slow,back speaker is quite loud and clear but lacking in bass. Video recording is smooth with very good sound although it looks like the screen refresh rate on video recording looks slightly jerky, when played back it is smooth!! Front camera is good & I like the Selfie app!! Double tap to wake works well. When I first took it out the box I actually thought my God this is way too light thinking it was a unibody non removeable battery. But it wasn't the battery was in the box haha. In the box is just plain standard charger and cable. overall very pleased and cannot see any issues so far

[/FONT]
WP_20141003_12_40_56_Pro.jpgWP_20141003_13_29_42_Pro.jpg

prasath1234

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
[FONT=open_sansregular]OK,picked up a nice shiny new green Lumia 735 this morning at Carphone store in Birmingham. The stores only just had delivery today and they had not sorted them out yet. So I was told to come back at 12pm. I now have my phone in my hands. One store had never heard of the phone and never even bothered to check so I had a moan at them. Anyway,my impressions are this. It's a lovely little handset. Build quality is solid as always with Nokia,not too small and definatetly not big,quite lightweight too. Phone feels smooth to the touch on the matt finish,no build quality or display issues and all on the phone works perfectly!! Display in sunlight was great as usual. I can confirm the display is pentile though hardly noticeable. When I first tried the camera it opened very slowly but after the Nokia camera app updated it was fine. Photo saving is pretty fast i will say not slow,back speaker is quite loud and clear but lacking in bass. Video recording is smooth with very good sound although it looks like the screen refresh rate on video recording looks slightly jerky, when played back it is smooth!! Front camera is good & I like the Selfie app!! Double tap to wake works well. When I first took it out the box I actually thought my God this is way too light thinking it was a unibody non removeable battery. But it wasn't the battery was in the box haha. In the box is just plain standard charger and cable. overall very pleased and cannot see any issues so far

[/FONT]
View attachment 83352View attachment 83353

Camera samples are nice.

Kamike

Sep 23, 2014
Visit site
Yes they do look decent am going to test out low light tonight that f1.9 lens with 4 second exposure
Congrats on your purchase. Indeed the pics looks awesome in bright conditions. Could you please do a full review of the phone including video quality, snaps, which would help potential buyers like us to make an informed decision.
Thanks and enjoy playing on your phone :)

Alfa Kapa

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
First I want to take a closer look of Lumia 730 in stores, in Greece it will come in the middle of October.
I thought I did a great buy with the Lumia 630(my first windows phone ever) but this phone is in every single way better, with the best future for me = the OLED display.
Moreover as an owner of 630 I've experianced GREAT battery life with this phone (Lumia 630 has 1860mah battery), now Lumia 730 has 2200mah with OLED display and with (more or less) the same hardware so the battery life will be outstanding!
Till the end of the year I'm seriously considering to buy it.

anon5658834

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Forgot to mention signal reception is good and call quality the earpiece is loud and clear. Also something I've noticed it doesn't het hot at all unlike the 930 I previously had even during set up. Browsing via IE11 using Lumia Denim seems to render pages alot better than before and very fast too. Display has excellent viewing angles

anon5658834

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Hows the camera? Battery life
Sent from my RM-914_im_india_269 using Tapatalk

Did you not see my images above and video?? Flash is good I need more time to upload more photos only got it yesterday. And as for battery life that's way too early to make a comment on that. You simply cannot say if battery is good or not on a first day/charge. I've noticed one small minor bug. I don't use display on auto brightness but occasionally it keeps dimming slightly but it's no big deal am sure an update will fix that with display app.

Asik15

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Did you not see my images above and video?? Flash is good I need more time to upload more photos only got it yesterday. And as for battery life that's way too early to make a comment on that. You simply cannot say if battery is good or not on a first day/charge. I've noticed one small minor bug. I don't use display on auto brightness but occasionally it keeps dimming slightly but it's no big deal am sure an update will fix that with display app.

Thank you for your review Sean.... How about Lumia camera with hdr support????

Does the phone looks thick as 920??

anon5658834

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Well,in video recording settings it does have the different frequency settings for different audio situations like heavy bass etc. I never use HDR am afraid I think the majority of HDR apps are poor

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuffster