Really, if it turns out to be true that they did not include hardware GPS into the 730 I will buy a Android device the day this new nokia/ms hardware brainfart gets released, are they really THAT stupid is the question ?

They include a 5mp selfie cam for 13 year old girls but not a BASIC smartphone feature like hardware GPS, are they mad... On drugs ?
    Most stupid company ever if that's true !!

Nokia Lumia 730 to have removable back with Qi wireless charging | WMPoweruser
    08-17-2014 05:58 PM
    I think you misunderstood, "no hardware navigation"? It's referring to capacitive buttons I believe.
    08-17-2014 06:12 PM
    "The device lacks hardware navigation and camera keys" means "The device lacks keys for hardware navigation and camera." In other words, it lacks the capacitive keys for navigating the device as well as the dedicated camera key.

They would literally have to disable the GPS to achieve this, as it's part of the SOC. That would make zero sense.
    Rodrigo Mendes likes this.
    08-17-2014 06:19 PM
    GPS is built into the chips by default. No way would they disable it.
    08-19-2014 01:59 AM
    Somebody needs to calm down.

First, its a rumor. Wait until everything's official, and then kick and scream.
    Second, you completely misinterpreted the article as people have already stated.
    Third, that'd be preposterous.

(obligatory "most stupid poster" if true)
    Sonu K and Guytronic like this.
    08-19-2014 05:08 PM
    I believe a GPS is required as part of the windows phone chassis specifications. Even if it were not, since Nokia had even had a gps in the 530, they would be extremely unlikely not to include one in their mid range phone.
    08-19-2014 10:25 PM
    i REALLY hope that rumor about the missing camera button is wrong. Damn, if you really want to make a "selfie phone" why remove the easiest way to open camera app even with lockscreen on?
    Also, that button is the easiest way to take photo too (selfie or not), you just grab your phone and shot, without worrying to not tap capacitive buttons or some other part of the display.

well, we'll see if thats true in 7 more days
    08-28-2014 05:05 AM
    The answer is, its Nokia/MS, and its a x30 phone !
    I think they have a deal with Google and Apple so they are forced to screw up on every new phone they release !
    08-29-2014 05:46 AM
    The answer is, its Nokia/MS, and its a x30 phone !
    I think they have a deal with Google and Apple so they are forced to screw up on every new phone they release !
    dude, we've heard enough of your hate for the number 30, can you dial it back now, or keep it in that thread you make
    thanks!
    salmanahmad and wiggum15 like this.
    08-29-2014 10:19 AM
    dude, we've heard enough of your hate for the number 30, can you dial it back now, or keep it in that thread you make
    thanks!
    Don't you have the power to just ban him?
    09-01-2014 10:02 AM
    Don't you have the power to just ban him?
    pfft
    1. nope, i'm not a mod, that's not my job
    2. i personally don't think thats (to that degree) something you could/should ban for.
    AlexanderPD likes this.
    09-01-2014 12:08 PM