How will MS/Nokia screw up the 730 ?

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I believe Nokia was lying about the icon/930's lack of glance. LG claimed the G2 was the first phone with display memory. And if it was for cost reasons, why did the 620 have glance?

no i'm saying it was the cost of the display panel itself, i have been led to believe OLED panels that are 5" with display memory could've cost too much.

The 620 happened to have an LCD display, its a different size, different spec, heck, maybe even different manufacturer.
I don't think its a suitable apples to apples comparison.

but do continue, the evil corporations will always screw the little man.

jpal12

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
LCDs use more power with only some pixels enabled than AMOLED. Also, can they not put a warning stating that glance uses battery quickly, or disable always-on glance?

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Nokia won't screw anything up as Nokia has nothing to do with what Microsoft Mobile does. The "Nokia" name on Microsoft Mobile's phones make those phones as much a Nokia phone as me drawing an Apple on the back of a Galaxy S5 makes the S5 an iPhone.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Probably by reading your nonsensical post :winktongue:...

Besides although phones going forward may bear the Nokia logo, it doesn't mean they are being manufactured by Nokia.

People need to understand Nokia still exists, (they have the option to re-enter the market after Dec 2015) and only the Nokia D & S division got purchased by MS which later was subsequently renamed to Microsoft Mobile Oy.

fdalbor

Aug 8, 2013
Visit site
I would love to see them come out with a phone that has everything everyone wants and cost that is very reasonable. We could all then eat a GREAT BIG HELPING OF CROW!!!!!!!!!!1

bilzkh

Aug 10, 2011
Visit site
I believe the spec rumours, i.e. 1GB RAM, S400 quad-core CPU, 720p screen, LTE, nano-SIM, Qi charging, good optics, etc. If Microsoft will screw it up, they'll probably screw it up in terms of pricing it too high (i.e. anything more than $250 off-contract) and/or lack of availability.

wiggum15

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Some of the sensors or Glance will be missing...for sure, thats the way the x30 series works.

No Glance Screen
No proximity sensor
No ambient light sensor

Silviu Bogusevschi

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
i didn't buy lumia 930 only because its lack of glance. To tell the true, its my favourite feature on my lumia 925 :)

I'm not saying that it's a complete useless feature. What I meant is that there is not so much big use of it for a general consumers. Surely there will be folks who will love it.

P.S. I'll try to test the battery life with the glance being always on.

wiggum15

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Judging from the new pictures, does it look like there is no proximity and ambient light sensor ?
Does anyone have the pictures in better quality ?

keerthi vasan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Judging from the new pictures, does it look like there is no proximity and ambient light sensor ?
Does anyone have the pictures in better quality ?

Didn't look into those images that deep but I see no reason why they will skip those sensors considering the price range the device will be offered initially.

wiggum15

Jan 29, 2014
Visit site
Judging from the new photos it looks like they will not include Clear Black...what a extreme bad decision.
Is Clear Black a High-End Feature now ?!

If they already cut out Clear Black, maybe they will also not include Glance screen and save some more $ with the display like they did with the 930 !
Oh god MS/Nokia...

Kins69

Mar 19, 2013
Visit site
Download glance background. Search for it on bing/cortana since its a beta. You will understand how amazing glance is.
That's a matter of personal opinion. I've had it, barely noticed when it disappeared. It's just a waste of resources and completely useless.
Oh yeah, I do wear a good old wrist watch to give me the time!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa