Do the Green and White Lumia 730s have matte or gloss backpanels?

AvinJ

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
I read on GSMArena that Nokia 730 will come in Dark grey, Bright white, Bright orange and Bright green.

Now, since it is evident from the hands-on by WPC that orange Lumia 730 is glossy (to my utter disliking btw!), and going by GSMarena's color description as Bright for orange, does it mean that BRIGHT green and white phones will also come with the terrible gloss plastic finish?

One more thing to keep in mind is that the picture of Green Lumia 730 that was first revealed by WPC around two weeks back does not indicate any gloss or shine thereof, though it is debatable since that shot was taken in low light maybe.

I really want green lumia 730 (or even white would do!) to come with matte finish! Gloss is a big turn off. It is a fingerprint and well as scratch magnet! :angry:

JensGr

May 29, 2014
Visit site
When you have a look at the lumia 730 promotion video from nokia you can see that near the end of the video, when it shows all colors together, only the orange one gets an effect which seems to stand for an glossy finish. I hope this is true an the green one has a matte finish :)

dysje

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Exactly, and that the green is way prettier than that of the 620. And that the Lumia 730/735 has an extra color for the tiles with the specific green as used on the cover, which is absolutely brilliant in so many ways!

dysje

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
The Lumia 730 lacks the contact pins for supporting a wireless charging back cover. The lumia 735 has it.

I never understood why Microsoft did that strange thing. No wireless charging on 730 but by default on 735. They didn't communicate that properly either, causing a lot of myths around it.

WinampLlama

Apr 5, 2012
Visit site
I never understood why Microsoft did that strange thing. No wireless charging on 730 but by default on 735. They didn't communicate that properly either, causing a lot of myths around it.
Just to clarify, the 735 doesn't come with a shell that's wireless enabled. You have to buy a separate wireless charging shell to get it

dysje

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Just to clarify, the 735 doesn't come with a shell that's wireless enabled. You have to buy a separate wireless charging shell to get it

That is false at least for Europe.

The 735 automatically comes by default with the wireless shell in Europe.

The 730 doesn't do wireless charging at all, so here it doesn't matter.

thatdennis

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
White lumia 730 here, it's a matte finish. Saw and felt a black display model, it's also matte.

Also the 730 doesn't support wireless charging.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

Paul1266

Oct 29, 2014
Visit site
The 730 does support wireless charging if you fit an enabled back cover. I have managed to get my mitts on the matt Cyan blue back for my 735. I love the fact that I can pop the backs off and pick a colour whenever the mood strikes. Wish my 930 did the same...

baandoptager

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
This phone is the best Lumia i ever owned. I can't believe it's not a more popular phone.

I've had 710, 800, 820, 900, 920, 1020, 635, 925... yeah i think thats it.

But the 735! Wouv! What a value. I just wish there were more glosy backs available, cuz what i've learned from all my other lumias is that the glossy ones last better, looks better for longer and they have actual grip to them. The matte ones are incredibly slippy, sooooo slippy! (I actually consider that a design flaw)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon