UK - Cheapest 735 from Carphone Warehouse ?129-159 All colours

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Just a heads up for anybody in the UK who is after the new 735. CPW have launched it on PAYG for ?149+?10 top up on Orange and T-Mobile networks, or for ?129 on PAYG upgrade (requires an active PAYG SIM in use for more than 6 months).

All phones from CPW are SIM Free / unlocked, regardless of the network you choose when you buy them.

Payg Upgrade ?129
PAYG New SIM - ?149

anon(8894155)

May 28, 2014
Visit site
I saw that, was going to post it here too. ?70 off the sim-free price is great. Not that sim-locking is ever a problem with CPW. I was going to buy a 735 from here if the upgrade price was ?150 or less, but now I am wondering what the 830 will come in at, payg upgrade-wise. May be worth holding off the purchase for a week or so until the 830 is released.

I feel very bad for anyone who bought a 735 from those sites offering it for ?220+.

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Your kidding me?? i just got one of these this morning at Carphone for ?199 sim free :(

Take it back and ask them to do it on PAYG instead. All they do is pair an unlocked phone with a new sim. You can then sell the sim as it will have ?10 credit included, and keep the unlocked phone. Bought so many great deals this way from CPW over the years.

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I saw that, was going to post it here too. ?70 off the sim-free price is great. Not that sim-locking is ever a problem with CPW. I was going to buy a 735 from here if the upgrade price was ?150 or less, but now I am wondering what the 830 will come in at, payg upgrade-wise. May be worth holding off the purchase for a week or so until the 830 is released.

I feel very bad for anyone who bought a 735 from those sites offering it for ?220+.

I'm surprised CPW have priced it so low. They could have the 830 for ?200-?220 on payg, it should be in stock on Monday. Shame I decided not to wait, loved my 720 so much, just had to buy the 735.
I do feel sorry for anybody that paid ?200+ for it. They were ripped off.

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Can any body explain this Payg thing , I don't get it , and why is price difference so big?

PAYG (Pay As You Go) is a non-contract 'pay in advance' network plan where users must first top-up their SIM card with credit, prior to being able to make a call. There are no monthly charges or direct debits.

PAYG phones are usually cheaper as they are discounted by the network which they are purchased on. The difference in price is made back by the networks in the form of money spent on credit for the SIM card. Networks make a lot of profit from credit top-ups, which means they can offer the phone for a lower price.

PAYG phones are usually locked to the network which they are purchased on (e.g. If a phone is purchased through the O2 website, the phone will only accept O2 based SIM cards. SIM cards from other networks would be blocked from use without first unlocking the phone, which usually requires a small fee).

The difference with Carphone Warehouse is that the phones they offer are not locked to any specific network. If you choose a PAYG phone on the O2 network at Carphone Warehouse it will work with SIM cards from any network, not just O2 based networks. This effectively means that there is absolutely no difference between phones sold as PAYG or SIM FREE apart from the cost of the phone.

Carphone Warehouse also offer a way to get the phone even cheaper through their Pay As You Go Upgrade plan. You can get a further discount on the original PAYG price if you already have a PAYG SIM (on O2, Orange, T-Mobile or Vodafone) which has been in use for 6 months or longer, and has been topped-up with credit at least once. Once again the phone will be unlocked for use on any network, so it's effectively the same as buying a SIM Free phone, but it doesn't cost anywhere near as much.

Tom87

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the heads-up chancooluk. I've passed this on to a friend who's now ordered a 735 from CW for his girlfriend to replace their old 630.

Nice one.

Tom

anon(8894155)

May 28, 2014
Visit site
To update on this, seems like the honeymoon period is over. The PAYG Upgrade price is now ?159, the new sim price is now ?179 (Sim free is sill ?199). It's a shame, only a day or so ago it had the "UK's Lowest Price" label across the phone, but not anymore.

Adam_WP

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Bought a 735 from Carphone Warehouse on Saturday, and was told unless I wanted one locked to a network, I had to buy the SIM-Free phone.

I paid ?179.95 for the SIM Free Lumia 735 in Cyan colour, and I love it! This isn't my first Windows Phone, i've also had the Lumia 800, 820, 625 and the 8X in the past, but this is the best one i've had!

:excited:

Etios

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Bought a 735 from Carphone Warehouse on Saturday, and was told unless I wanted one locked to a network, I had to buy the SIM-Free phone.

I paid ?179.95 for the SIM Free Lumia 735 in Cyan colour, and I love it! This isn't my first Windows Phone, i've also had the Lumia 800, 820, 625 and the 8X in the past, but this is the best one i've had!

:excited:

Can you please post the pics of the Lumia 735 cyan colour? never seen that colour on 730/735 as its an carphonewarehouse exclusive colour for now.

Adam_WP

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
I think it looks great too. I wish they did red version like with Lumia 520. Hopefully they release Cyan version your country! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duncekatie39