Lumia 730 purple tint as well as flickers at the edge of the UI

WP8_Lover

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello.
I am currently on a 625 and considering getting the 730. Almost all the reviews on flipkart and MS-IN are positive. What is your word dedracer? And, the issue you are saying doesn't sound like a deal breaker for me. Is it for you? I am using my 625 for a year now and it shows a black tint now and then on the bottom right corner. No biggie. Kindly tell your opinions on battery performance, display quality and camera, esp the new features like Rich Capture( I don't know if it is available on the 730 :p) brought in by Denim!

Thanks in advance!

dedracer

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Okay so now its been three days since I'm using Lumia 730. The device is solid. You wont feel like any cheap low end device while using this phone. About the display quality, its just awesome I mean it having Clearblack OLED display and 316 PPI just gives you a premium experience of using Windows Phone. ;) I'm having green colour of this phone which is having a matt finishing instead of a glossy like orange colour is having. the device design is also pretty cool. Easy to hold in your hand. About the battery, I'm a heavy phone user especially for chatting! I do continues chatting on WhatsApp, browse internet for news some videos and i come to know that if you're a heavy user this phone will give you a day battery life like from 7am to 9pm..and with moderate usage you can make it one and a half day. So the heat issue, This phone don't get hot like 925 do. Just normal heat that you wont even feel in fact never get hot if you do normal tasks like browsing, watching videos etc.
about the purple tint issue, that is not a big deal cuz you will barely notice that. Overall best low budget phone ! :D i recommend you guys to get this phone who all those having low budget. :)

dedracer

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Yesterday I charged my phone to 100% at 9:30 pm then I did chatting continuously till 12:30 AM while listening to music! Battery was 69% then I went to sleep. connected to Wifi whole night. woke up at 9 am. Battery was 66%. Checked some news in the morning. Used WhatsApp for like 3 hrs. Some phone calls for 10 mins. Internet browsing for 30-40mins. Battery was 13% at 7pm. Overall a good battery life like I needed :)

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
Awesome! Thanks dedracer :)
BTW, I cancelled my order from Flipkart as the committed delivery date is something not feasible for me and I can't wait that long now :)
I am planning to visit Nokia priority stores or any digital store tomorrow and hopeful to grab a one :)

dedracer

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Sure do that. 15 days for a delivery was too much. You will love this phone than any other phone you had ;) I personally like this phone more than my Lumia 925 :D
You will get this phone around 15500 from any retailer. :)
I can say " a true one Windows Experience"

Wp8 lvr

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
hey dude.. one confusing question about 730 DS.

on all online stores like flipkart n snapdeal showing (gsm wcdma)... means one sim is 2G n other is 3G...

so please confirm these both sim slots are 3G enabled(wcdma wcdma)
or one is 3G n other is 2G..???

plese reply

WP8_Lover

Jan 14, 2014
Visit site
Thanks! The battery sounds great. I am not really a selfie person, but I would like to hear about the primary camera.
Thanks again!

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
hey dude.. one confusing question about 730 DS.

on all online stores like flipkart n snapdeal showing (gsm wcdma)... means one sim is 2G n other is 3G...

so please confirm these both sim slots are 3G enabled(wcdma wcdma)
or one is 3G n other is 2G..???

plese reply

Edited as info was incorrect.

Last edited:

dedracer

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Yes both Sims are 3G enabled and common guys this is Microsoft, not any typical company to give a sim 3g enabled and other 2G. Don't make any sense. And those who are confused about specifications please goto the official website instead of reading incorrect specs on other websites.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss