Hiss on low level volume on the build in speaker? Anyone else notice? (Edited)

Hoekie

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I got my Lumia 735 yesterday.
First impression: Love it!

I was a little worried about the Pentile screen, but as far as I can see it's the same as the RGB screen of my Lumia 820 albeit with a higher resolution.
In short: perfect!

Anyway, I still have a small issue that I'm wondering whether I should replace my Lumia 735 or wait for a software fix.

Case: on low level volume I hear a hiss while sound is on.
Especially yesterdag at midnight, listening to music or game(Hill Climb Racing) with volume level at 1 or 2, it's definitely not right.

EDIT: (Strikethrough: So this morning I connected a speaker and the hiss was there also. So it's not the internal speaker./strikethrough)
I connected 2 different headphones this afternoon and they don'have the hiss. Just perfect. No hiss at all. So it could be the speaker :eck:

Anyone else notice it? So only with the build in speaker. Should I replace mine or wait for a software fix?

Last edited:

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
Same with my 735. Its only on the loud speaker though, and only at extremely low volume, so its not anything I'm remotely worried about.

No issues through headphones or Bluetooth.

Hoekie

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
That makes 3 of us (you, Abhishek Gupta1689 and me) . Only on the speaker, only on very low volume. No hiss whatsoever on headphones and BT. Checked headphones this afternoon and BT in my car later on the day.
So I will not replace my Lumia 735, because that wouldn't make any difference. Thx for the reply.

Rupasree

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Me too :(
Only after seeing this post..
I checked my L730 which I bought last Saturday...
Already with screen flickering issue.. Now speaker issue !! :|
I was waiting for this phone (successor of L720) from the time L720 got released.. but these issues.. are not letting me to be happy with my L730 :(

Hoekie

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Me too :(
Only after seeing this post..
After a couple days of usage it's no issue to me.
I see it as an early adapter thing. Brand new devices almost always have issues. Especially for very fuzzy people like me.
And this is just a minor thing that will be solved by Nokia by software update.

Frankly, after a couple of days of usage, I freaking love my Lumia 735. Gorgeous screen, very snappy, great battery life, great camera, great weight and size and so on and so on... I'm sooo happy :)

Rupasree

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
After a couple days of usage it's no issue to me.
I see it as an early adapter thing. Brand new devices almost always have issues. Especially for very fuzzy people like me.
And this is just a minor thing that will be solved by Nokia by software update.

Frankly, after a couple of days of usage, I freaking love my Lumia 735. Gorgeous screen, very snappy, great battery life, great camera, great weight and size and so on and so on... I'm sooo happy :)

oh .. thank you for info.. I hope it will be resolved in mine too..
I have another issue... when I launch "Lumia Help+Tips" ... While its staring.. screen is flickering(blinking) .. sometimes its opening normally.. most of the time screen flickers .. any solution for this ??

Abhishek Gupta1689

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
oh .. thank you for info.. I hope it will be resolved in mine too..
I have another issue... when I launch "Lumia Help+Tips" ... While its staring.. screen is flickering(blinking) .. sometimes its opening normally.. most of the time screen flickers .. any solution for this ??

not till now..do not soft or hard reset. that would not help..wait for MS update

Rupasree

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
not till now..do not soft or hard reset. that would not help..wait for MS update

:( Nokia customer care person told to try soft reset.. then also it didnt get solved..
then he said to hard reset : Settings->About->Reset your phone..

I did that also :| not solved..

than saw your post that it might be s/w issue.. n wait for MS update..

Will these soft/hard reset cause any problems ??

chancooluk

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
:( Nokia customer care person told to try soft reset.. then also it didnt get solved..
then he said to hard reset : Settings->About->Reset your phone..

I did that also :| not solved..

than saw your post that it might be s/w issue.. n wait for MS update..

Will these soft/hard reset cause any problems ??

Not on a new phone. A soft/hard reset will usually solve problems which occur after a software update, or app installation.

A software/firmware update will likely solve any issues raised by users.

Rupasree

Oct 12, 2014
Visit site
Not on a new phone. A soft/hard reset will usually solve problems which occur after a software update, or app installation.

A software/firmware update will likely solve any issues raised by users.

Actually initially I havent updated any apps..coz of this issue i did soft and then hard reset.. that also didnt solve the issue..
Then I updated that particular app and Display app in expectation that it may solve the issue.. but it didnt :|

Waiting for solution..

Tankid

Oct 23, 2014
Visit site
I got this problem, it is really annoying to hear it every time you receive a notification and you hear the hiss sound.

Anyone figured out a solution? or we can replace it with new one?

Brenzef

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
I have this too (620). It's there since the update to 8.1. Before it wasn't there.
Friend of mine has this issue too (620) since the update to 8.1.
Denim seems not to have this issue (830), but I'm not sure is this is valid for all models.

JimiDiGriz

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I've got it too. Hiss at low volumes for instance when listening to tunein radio before falling asleep, volume is at 1 and there is a distracting hiss that I didn't have on my L820. Also I get a rattle/distortion sometimes at high volume with certain tones such as the Wcentral notification from the app. Thought I had a broken speaker but kinda glad it's not just me, hopefully will be resolved via an update.

Adam_WP

Nov 18, 2014
Visit site
Mine does that strange distortion thing too, it sounds like the speaker is completely broken, but it only happens sometimes.. Hopefully a fix will be released soon. Other than that I love my 735!

Slet

May 17, 2014
Visit site
I've got this nasty hissing on my 735 too.

There is absolutely no reason to assume it can be fixed by software update.

Has anyone got their phone serviced to get this issue fixed? If so, we'll know this is a proper solution.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon