lumia 730 problems

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
get your sim-card out and put it in again because this looks like a bad connection of the Sim card. If this not work change your sim card in another mobile. If this Mobil also not works it is your sim card
and if another simcard not works in your phone it is your phone.

ratnavo dutta

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
I am facing an issue related to cellular data connectivity. I am now using Docomo as secondary SIM(inserted on SIM2) and Vodafone in SIM1slot. When I turn on data connection for SIM2 i.e. Docomo, I see an 'E' symbol aginst its network and that's absolutely correct. However, I am not able to surf anything as all apps or a simple web search is now returning No connection message.
Another thing to note here is that the data package is being utilised as I see small arrow appearing now and then. I have enough data balance so there is nothing like I am running out of the data. With that being said, I am not able to surf the internet related things even if Data Connection is On and appears to be connected! Any ideas/suggestions??

Update 1: I am occasionally getting some notifications but it goes into No Connection state then i.e I get instant account balance notification with data usage from Docomo like it does when data connection is turned off.

Not sure, what's happening!!

My trouble is when ever I use slot 1/slot 2 for Docomo with a data pack my whole connection to network gets freeze.
In fact to be particular, the option in cellular+SIM gets freeze is theri a solution for this. (i am using the standard Nano SIM for Docomo)
Can i get help on this case?

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
My trouble is when ever I use slot 1/slot 2 for Docomo with a data pack my whole connection to network gets freeze.
In fact to be particular, the option in cellular+SIM gets freeze is theri a solution for this. (i am using the standard Nano SIM for Docomo)
Can i get help on this case?

[1] Try turning off 3G toggle if you use 2G with Docomo.
[2] Select Roam under Data Roaming option.

I have observed such freezing issues when playing with 3G or Roaming options, so that may help you.
If those don't help,

[1] You may check if Mobile+SIM is up to date. You can check for updates in Store.
[2] If it's up to date, then I can think of Hard Reset as the last option, but do not advise it. It's up to you.

It would be great if you can post a screenshot of the Mobile+SIM page when it freezes.

Rajat Singh3

Dec 18, 2014
Visit site
It's the 3rd day of my new Lumia 730 & I'm facing screen flickering/blinking problem in my lumia 730 screen and aslo my screen gets blurred for 2 sec when i minimize any app...
My all songs are copying twice thrice times when i listen it on XBOX Music / Mix Radio....App....My lumia 730 hangs & flickers most of the times when i listen songs in Mix Radio... Double Tap to wake is not working at all when my phone is connected to charging. 've searched for the solution of these above problems on google and its very surprising to find that most of the #Lumia_730 owners are going through these issues.... !!
've tried all things Soft reset, Hard reset, Disabled Auto brightness, Disabled Sun Readable mode etc. etc. On 1st day of my purchase it worked great smooth and fast but after updating preinstalled application [ Like - Skype, facebook, flipkart, sports, XBOX Music, Mix Radio, Maps and Gps apps & all Lumia editing and camera apps etc etc ], as a suggestion in Windows Store app this above listed problem started to occur.
Any solution to fix my problems ??

Jan 14, 2015
Visit site
I am facing a memory card scan and fix error problem..anyone facing this problem...i have transcend 32GB memory card on my lumia 730...when iam restarting my mobile it asking to scan and fix the error....what is this all about it happened to me twice in two weeks

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Then you phone found a "problem" on your SD card. So let the phone "scan and fix it". If your phone can not fix it put your card in the card reader of your computer and check again on errors.
If the errors can not be fixed or come back again after s while I suggest you to buy a new SD card.

Last edited:

partha sharathi

Jan 23, 2015
Visit site
I bought Lumia 730 on 20th Jan. if am using frequently my mobile each 5 min battery get down 1%. Is the nature of Lumia 730 or anything wrong is there?

NaniAryan

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Other than these issues the very first issues are transitions are not smooth. I am observing lag on start screen and it is more while dragging start screen livetiles and while swipe left on start screen

Avi Danny

Jan 23, 2014
Visit site
I know, but its not disabled by default.

Hello bro...I can't find the data connection switch to turn on or off...its not even enabling... Tried manual settings unchecking wifi option restarting and so..haven't found any...am not able to acces net on my lumia 730..

Lemme know why this is happening to me..and through a solution to ma problem...I was not able to acces ma net...help me out..hope u can :)

gerarcega

Jan 30, 2015
Visit site
yep.. that's the same case with me.. Called Nokia Care couple of times and then i finally gave up.. especially if your'e using data connection and wifi. It's a battery killer.. I always bring my Sony Power Bank with me from now on.. Best if you have unlimited data plans.

Ashwin Koodathil

Mar 19, 2015
Visit site
Speakers not working.
I have nokia lumia 730, I bought just 3 months back. Now it's speakers are not working. few months back I got the same problem then When I reset the phone problem got solved but now even after I did the same speakers are still dead. Is any one got any answer for this kindly share here thank you

m_c_fe

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Lumia 730 dual sim network connectivity freezes, only solution to power off/on or soft reset
Freezing happened up to several times a day, at even less than one hour interval
Really annoying because makes me unreachable.
Sent the phone to assistance who re-installed the complete phone sw (hard reset), but no improvement
Having tried many different configurations, I have found a WORKAROUND that has made the phone work without problems for the last 2.5 days with this :
- voice+data SIM in slot 2
- voice only SIM in slot 1
previously I was using the opposite SIM slot configuration.
hopefully it will keep on going also in the future, until bug-fix
however it is just a temporary workaround, not a satisfactory solution: I travel between two countries, for this reason I bought a dual SIM. With this workaround one cannot use data connection in the country of SIM1
Please Microsoft fix this problem ASAP, when the phone works it is really brilliant, and with frequent crashes it is useless...
Current firmware version: 02040.00021.15063.02003
Hardware revision nr: 1.0.0.0
OS version: 8.10.14234.375

Debayan Roy

Mar 31, 2015
Visit site
Me too facing the same issue.. and this time with an airtel sim as sim 2... can u share any resolution? I've just bought this device yesterday!!

Tejas Joy

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site
Guys just got cell on 6-6-15
Issues I found are

1.double tap to wake up
2.when cell is charging, the letters are getting typed automatically!!
3.proximity sensors not working but after I removed the screen guard it's working but previously it was working good along with screen guard.
Just been a month since I've purchased!

Guys anyone there please help me out!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos