[L735] Compass problem?

mayblast

May 10, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I bought myself a 735 because of WP8.1 and its bang-for-buckness. A charming device it is.

A little issue I have is that the compass keeps of wiggling some 4-6 degrees, constantly. When I hold it in my hand and use maps, it looks like I have the Alzheimer's. When I hold it on a table and launch a compass app of some kind the phone is trying to give me seizures with the content few degree wiggling/staggering.

Is this a known issue, and is there a way to clampen down the rotation of the compass?

mayblast

May 10, 2014
Visit site
I had a chat with Customer Service.
She asked me to uninstall HERE and Compass apps, soft reset the phone and try again. That failed, so next step according to her would be to hard reset the whole lot and if that should fail too, use the Nokia Recovery Tool. Will try those later weekend when I have more time at hand.

Apparently MS/Nokia has not heard of this issue before, or at least their Knowledge Base didn't reveal anything.

Vito Ed

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
same problem here ...
It seems that jack of tools and livesight able to amortize the absence of the gyroscope, averaging on the directions received from the compass in a specific time frame, making the direction more readable.
This is not the case with the suite here. Even the app lumia panorama is not properly performed.

Vito Ed

Jan 9, 2015
Visit site
unfortunately L735 does not have the gyroscope. You can download "inside" and see it for yourself. Even on the official page, it is not mentioned the gyroscope..
For now, all my friends who own the L735 have the same problem: walking with "here map" makes the map vibrates; Lumia Panorama does not work well and "nokia city lens" is not usable.

Lars Fischer

May 29, 2014
Visit site
youtube.com/watch?v=KkUZTNdTOA8
youtube.com/watch?v=za9UcOGx2no

Got the same Problem with Lumia 730 and Lumia 735. It's frustrating. I hope it can be solved by an update?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
unfortunately L735 does not have the gyroscope. You can download "inside" and see it for yourself. Even on the official page, it is not mentioned the gyroscope..
For now, all my friends who own the L735 have the same problem: walking with "here map" makes the map vibrates; Lumia Panorama does not work well and "nokia city lens" is not usable.

It has a gyroscope, if not how would you be able to turn it to landscape mode. Don't you mean it doesn't have a compass?

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
And mine works fine. Maybe it was due to the update that came out around the 26th. Try updating your phone and check if its still working

piotrek2611

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
I have the same problem with the compass on my Lumia 735!
It only seems to work well in the Jack Of Tools app. HERE and other apps are not usable.
I have the latest updates installed. Did anyone try fixing this with a factory reset yet?

I had a 930 with 8.1 in hand and its compass was fine.

piotrek2611

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
I can confirm the compass problem has been fixed in the latest updates.

I had to update my unlocked RM-1039 735 via the developer preview program.

douglas howard

Jan 1, 2016
Visit site
I've always had big problems with any app using the compass on my L735. Today I discovered that they all work perfectly if I remove the back cover. I can only assume the compass is being affected by the wireless charging coil. This seems odd - it's the official Nokia wireless charging back panel supplied with the phone from new. Does anyone have the same problem?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre