Poor battery performance on lumia 730

Apurv Patani

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I have had lumia 730 for like 2 weeks but the battery performance is bad....my phone is losing about 14% in an hour with moderate to heavy usage on 3g connection....is that bad or normal ?...it doesn't even last a day or so...😡

Ashish Gupta888

Retired Ambassador
Mar 12, 2014
Visit site
For me it usually lasts for 12-13 hours with mod to high usage on 3g (excluding games). You may need to restrict some apps to run in the background that actually don't need to. Check you battery saver app and you can gauge the apps hogging up the battery.

tanmay shukla1

Nov 15, 2014
Visit site
hii i am using this phone scince 31st oct.it is very great phone in this range.only one problem in this phone i am facing is battery performance.battery drains very quickly at the rate of 5%/5min. even if i watch 5 min video on it. it drains very quickly.from the very first day i am doing this charge cycle (10%-100%) i never charge it partially.when battery goes below 10% i charge it to 100% every day i use to repeat this charge cycle.then also i didn't got good battery backup.plz help me any one.what should i do or how many more charge cycle is required to increase its backup.note my battery saver is always on???please help me guys.please any one using this phone help me??what is the way of charging so that i can increase my battery backup

anon(5323098)

Nov 30, 2010
Visit site
I've had problems like this with previous Lumia phones (particularly the 925). In fact, my 735 was going to be my last effort to stay with Windows Phone since I was getting such poor battery performance. I find the 735 to be really very good.

I could be very, very wrong here but it seems to me that whoever is putting these phones together has an occasional bad batch where the battery sucks the big one. If I'm right, I don't know why. If I'm wrong, I don't know what the cause is.

My first action, if I were you, would be to try a new battery - a genuine one. If that doesn't make a difference then you may be looking at needing to replace the phone.

And whatever it is that's happening, excessive battery drain does happen and there's no point Microsoft pretending it doesn't. The solution can't be to just deactivate services (when a. You bought the phone for these services and b. These work of some people) and it does create a terrible customer experience -- especially when nobody seems to offer a replacement service like Apple does.

Apurv Patani

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
For me it usually lasts for 12-13 hours with mod to high usage on 3g (excluding games). You may need to restrict some apps to run in the background that actually don't need to. Check you battery saver app and you can gauge the apps hogging up the battery.

Hey may i ask whats ur on-screen time?? You can give me a rough measure.....

Hoekie

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Lumia 735 and I have 2 to 3 days of battery. So something else must be going on. Lost of background apps running? Bad reception?

Apurv Patani

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
55b548718b74ffe49c405b015ae57112.png

vinamra gehlot

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I have had lumia 730 for like 2 weeks but the battery performance is bad....my phone is losing about 14% in an hour with moderate to heavy usage on 3g connection....is that bad or normal ?...it doesn't even last a day or so...😡

Same problem with me man, I've already replaced this device for screen brightness issues... And now this battery performance, this really sucks... Is it because of the quad core processor? High resolution screen, more pixel density??? frustrating, or a faulty device again???

Apurv Patani

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
Same problem with me man, I've already replaced this device for screen brightness issues... And now this battery performance, this really sucks... Is it because of the quad core processor? High resolution screen, more pixel density??? frustrating, or a faulty device again???

I think you just have to give it sometime..... Initially my battery life was very poor... But as i have used my device the battery performance has significantly increased...,... And one more thing..... Just disable the background tasking off the apps that u don't us... It helps a lot in good battery performance....

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Don't read too much into the battery indicator/meter. It may not show the real status. It can be calibrated in such a way to give false but nice reading to the general public, just like the fuel tank gauge in your car.

shivi_91

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Its been 3-4 days with lumia 730. It shows 12 hrs left with 100% charge. Is it something wrong with my device? :\
And also i am not getting the option of when battery is less than 20% as shown in your screen shot.
Mine is just showing 'when battery is low'

shivi_91

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
I just updated the battery saver and now with 100% charge its showing 1day remaining.
Is it fine now..??
I guess its getting better over use as they use algorithms for this purpose

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb