Is it okay to charge Lumia 730 DS by a 2.1 A powerbank ???

Abhishek Gupta1689

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I have bought the Lumia 730 DS from India, where the charger supplied is the Nokia AC-20N wall charger, which has an output of about .75 A.
I have heard that charging the phone with a fast charger deteriorates battery life??
Is this true ?
I am planning to buy the xiaomi 10,400 mah powerbank which has an O/P of about 2.1 A. This will charge the phone very fast, but is it Safe ???
Will it deteriorate battery life???
Please answer in detail.

P.S if everything is safe, Can you also suggest me the best fast charger from NOKIA which can charge the powerbank as well as the phone faster..

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Doubt it'll harm the battery in a significant way. If it does, you probably will never notice.

It is definitely safe, the 2.1 A rating means the max output, the phone will only take what it can take, nothing more. I doubt it'll deteriorate battery life any faster than normal usage will.

I don't know about Nokia, but I've had a fine experience using a Dell charger (2 Amp) that came with my tablet, but the tablet and charger are no longer with me. My 920 came with a 1.3 A charger, so I know that'll work.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
No, doubt it will harm your battery. The ones in India are supplied with Ac20 charger and not with ac50(1.5A). I'd go with ac60N if I were you. Its compatible, you can also check with the Nokia salesperson for any doubts.

j o e l

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
No problem using a 2.1 amp charger/power bank. There will be no damage to your battery because the phone has the electronics to regulate the amps to only what it needs. As Xandro says, 2.1 is the max amp that the charger will supply but only if the phone requires it.

However, most 2.1 amp chargers and power banks are built according to apple specifications - specifically ipads. 2.1 amp Apple-spec chargers are wired differently. Lumias, when plugged to these chargers, will switch to a 'slow-charge' mode. You will get a message on the phone saying so. The solution to this is to get a 'fast-charge' USB cable.

The best way to kill the type of battery in the 730 is to repeatedly discharge it completely. Keep the charge above 20% and you should be fine, fast charge or not. Cost, not battery longevity, is the primary reason your phone is supplied with a low-amp charger.

The fastest NOKIA charger I have seen is 1.3 amps. Find a good quality 2 amp (or higher) charger if you wish to charge your powerbank fast.

Either way, this is the best part of having a user replaceable battery - when the battery is dead, you can put a new one in.

Last edited:

Abhishek Gupta1689

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
No problem using a 2.1 amp charger/power bank. There will be no damage to your battery because the phone has the electronics to regulate the amps to only what it needs. As Xandro says, 2.1 is the max amp that the charger will supply but only if the phone requires it.

However, most 2.1 amp chargers and power banks are built according to apple specifications - specifically ipads. 2.1 amp Apple-spec chargers are wired differently. Lumias, when plugged to these chargers, will switch to a 'slow-charge' mode. You will get a message on the phone saying so. The solution to this is to get a 'fast-charge' USB cable.

The best way to kill the type of battery in the 730 is to repeatedly discharge it completely. Keep the charge above 20% and you should be fine, fast charge or not. Cost, not battery longevity, is the primary reason your phone is supplied with a low-amp charger.

The fastest NOKIA charger I have seen is 1.3 amps. Find a good quality 2 amp (or higher) charger if you wish to charge your powerbank fast.

Either way, this is the best part of having a user replaceable battery - when the battery is dead, you can put a new one in.

That answers it all!!! TY so much!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss