Problem with headphones after replugging

marekw

Jan 2, 2015
Visit site
Hey all Lumia owners :)

I have a problem with my new L735, a very good handheld otherwise.

The problem concerns headphones. When I boot up the phone and plug them, they seem to be working well. However, when I unplug them and then plug them again, the phone does not recognize them. i.e. plays music through the internal speaker. Rebooting the phone seems to fix the issue, but only temporarily, that is until the next replug plus: well, it?s not a perfect solution, is it ;)

My question is: to me it seems as if it was a software glitch, something connected to 8.1.1. or Denim. If it were a true hardware breakdown, the phone would (would it?) never recognize headphones. However, am I right in thinking so? And what should I do, wait patiently for an update from Nokia or go to fix the phone in Nokia Care?

Thanks in advance :)

Dmitry Cheban

Jan 11, 2015
Visit site
Exactly the same thing for me (MixRadio or MusicPlayer, Lumia 735 Win 8.1) and well spotted for reboot- it seems to help for me as well.
Sometimes I have to plug jack in and out 4-5 times until my headset in recognized properly (pisses me off :-( ). when it gets recognized it works well (which probably says that it is a software problem). I have tried 2 headsets and 2 headphones - pretty similar thing...

Just wonder whether I need to return the phone to a warranty service (especially if it is a hardware bug)

rideboarder

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Same problem on my phone. Sometimes it works the first time but usually I need 3-5 tries to get the phone to recognize the headphones being plugged in. Once plugged in, everything works flawlessly. Hoping a software update will fix it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)