Strange sound with speaker...

SoullessOnyx

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Seems like I have come across my second problem with the Nokia Lumia 725.

Whenever sound is played on the device, even the lock and unlocking sound there will be a strange noise, it's hard to explain and I am unable to record but the closest thing I can describe it as is the sound of someone blowing, it's really annoying and happens with every single sound, ringtone, music anything that uses the speakers, even on YouTube videos and it really distracts me, I have opened up the phone and that did nothing, I dunno if the speaker was damaged on the way here or was just built wrong for my device, but has anyone had this issue?

Yuiiski

Jan 16, 2015
Visit site
Well, kind of... I have a 720 and it does happen from time to time.

*I'm the person you have been talking to, this is my new account*

Anyway... That is annoying I guess, it takes the joy of listening to music now as you can always hear that annoying sound.
But thanks anyway.

DonCapuco

Feb 8, 2015
Visit site
Make sure you have installed the latest update for your phone. Your version should be '8.10.14219.341' and firmware revision '02040.00019.14484.2400x'. Check availability of this update on microsoft.com/en/mobile/support/software-update/wp8-software-update/
Before this update, for me the issue was as bad as in this video: youtube.com/watch?v=V5szdK3J4os
After installing the update, the noise is still there, but far less than before.
I also noticed that the noise is more audible if the phone is lying on a table with the speaker facing down.

Djolle

Jul 12, 2013
Visit site
Make sure you didn't activate any of equalizer option in audio settings... I had that problem because i set "loudness" - I didn't noticed that on L730 you can change equalizer setting for speaker and headphones differently. (on my previous L620 I could only make for headphones).

Cheers! :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs