Why do i have somany problems on my new Lumia 730?

kishore chandran

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
hi,

I got my lumia 730 about on jan 5th, 2015.

Problems:-

1. share option for sharing apps keeps loading and then exits automatically.

2. Music pauses automatically.

3. My sonic dash game is slow and lags a lot(i have enough space in both my phone and memory card).

4. my games or apps after left running or paused take time to resume or start over again. eg.., my sonic dash was paused and left alone for about 20 minutes and when i returned to resume where i was running it started all over again.

5. double tap doesnt work always, it 50 % works and 50 % doesn't work.

6. In a total my phone is also slow sometimes, meaning it also lags.

I use a single sim, and i am using a 16gb class 10 memory card.

Please help, I thought that i was in love with the lumia's but i am starting to hate them now.

Feels like i have wasted a lot of money. Kindly requesting to provide me with some solutions ASAP.

Thanks in advance.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Try a soft reset before trying a hard reset (does the same thing as removing the batttery and replacing it). Press and hold the volume down + power buttons together for approx 20 seconds. When you feel the phone buzz, let go.

See if that resolves at least some of the issues. Sometimes the CPU gets caught in a loop and needs to be restarted.

A hard reset will involve you having to set your phone up all over again (even with backups, it can still take a while).

Soft reset first. If that doesn't work, try the hard reset.

princeegli

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Try a hard reset from settings > about > reset phone. See if that helps.

Im not sure on this model....but on most,the reset in settings,is just a soft reset.....its usually a combination of hitting button at start up to do a hard reset

Try soft first.....for me 2 hard resets is what got my Lumia running good

princeegli

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
Make sure you backup everything to computer....hard reset erases everything on you phone......,I always take out my SD card on hard resets...just to be safe,it doesn't get erased in the process.

1.Switch off your cell phone.

2.Then press Power button once.

3.Now press and hold Volume Down until you see exclamation mark on the screen.

4.Next press this keys in sequence: Volume Up -> Volume Down -> Power button -> Volume Down.

5.that's a hard reset

Try it....i did two hard resets in a row,right after it fully booted up to where I could use phone...i did it again on my 1520,to get it right.....that was 6 months ago...running good sense.

Last edited:

thatdennis

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
I think the Sonic and games thing is normal.

3. I read somewhere that since the sonic game has 3D graphics, the 730 is not powerful enough to play it smoothly. So yeah sorry bud about that.

4. Then with the resuming thing, 20 minutes is a bit of a long time don't you think? When I play my minion rush, and resume it after that much time (both in WP and android), the game starts from the beginning again. So I don't think it's limited to WP only, it's across all platforms.

5. You're exaggerating. But if you're not, reset the phone like others have said. My double tap works about 80% of the time (remember, two firm taps, not lightning fast 2 taps).

6. How is it slow if I may ask? Mine slows down only during/after playing intensive games.

Well, hope your phone will be fixed. Good luck!

Yasser Aboobakar

Nov 16, 2014
Visit site
Sonic dash also has some lag issues on my 1520 dont worry about that...i got 2 730's for my sis and a friend switching from android they are both happy with it with no issues till now...hard reset will do the trick am sure...and try using it for a few days without memory card also..

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven