Issues with Windows 10 on Lumia 730

Gulshan D

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
My Lumia 730 doesn't display the background that i chose in settings. Though while switching between notification panel I get to see a glimpse of my background (for like 1 second).
Anybody else facing same issue?
Also, cortana doesn't seem to launch properly. Notification center's visuals seems to be buggy sometimes.
Any workaround for these?

P.S. I guess different devices are having some different issues as well as some common ones. Post any other issues that you encounter on Lumia 730.

sdkale

May 22, 2014
Visit site
My Lumia 730 doesn't display the background that i chose in settings. Though while switching between notification panel I get to see a glimpse of my background (for like 1 second).
Anybody else facing same issue?
Also, cortana doesn't seem to launch properly. Notification center's visuals seems to be buggy sometimes.
Any workaround for these?

P.S. I guess different devices are having some different issues as well as some common ones. Post any other issues that you encounter on Lumia 730.

Having same issue plus more >> store doesn't get connected
feedback app doesn't work
Lockscreen settings doesn't work properly

Sandeep Moda

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Yes, me also facing same problem.
One more thing that I m facing is that names that are saved in contacts doesn't show during an incoming call. And also doesn't show list of incoming calls in call log. Also toggle switch for sim1 & sim2 is missing.

Sandeep Moda

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
Me too facing same issues.
Plus
Contact names are not displayed during an incoming call, and also incoming calls are not displayed in call log list

Ankmeyester

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Navigation pane isn't auto hiding and no setting to toggle that.
No data toggle in action centre.
Fitbit app stopped working after the update.
Everything lags.
Whatsapp takes noticeably longer to open.
Battery draining more faster.
WiFi seems slower to connect and stream.
Can't see background image.

Harsh Siriah1

Jul 29, 2014
Visit site
I'm facing the same problems..
And my photos app I'd not showing photos only... Only some boxes are coming and not showing pics.
When I click on any box it shows that"this image may be damaged"

anon(9323172)

Feb 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm also facing the same problems. The major problem I had was during the upgrade and it somehow didn't manage to update properly resulting in a mixed version of WP8.1 and W10 on my phone (eg, the new settings was not installed and I still had the WP8.1 settings). So I did a hard reset and started W10 from scratch (I did however restore my backed up data from the account).

I think the background issue is due to the navigation pane being fixed at the bottom of the screen. If you pull down the action center and pull it up again, you'll notice that the navigation pane comes up from the bottom. During that short period the background is visible, but as soon as the pane comes up, the background disappears. I hope that Microsoft will include the option to toggle the pane in future builds.

The settings app need a lot of UI improvements too. The extras page looks completely bare and I have the same categories in extras being displayed twice in the page (one being just the text in black and the other in blue with link to open it).

One big change I've noticed in W10 is that the new Application Lifecycle model introduced in WP8.1 is not working in W10. Apps like calendar, facebook, are not left suspended after closing the app and cannot be resumed.

Vivek R

Jan 20, 2015
Visit site
Here are some more issues with Lumia 730 Windows 10 TP

1. Internet explorer "Reading Mode" force closes the Internet explorer
2. Animations are not smooth.
3. Ability to sync wifi passwords to cloud.
4. unable to hide soft keys and there is not option for that as wel..

have posted feedbacks for
1. Start screen background
2. File Explorer default app setting
3. Voted for option to have dark theme in Cortana and Outlook
4. 3G/4G internet toggle in quick settings
5. Layout of quick settings is bit jarring
6. Notifications with "downward" arrow to allow reply back feature in Notification screen
7. Notifications poping from 3rd party apps like what's app not allowing to swipe out or drag down to reply.

NaniAryan

Feb 12, 2015
Visit site
Other than these issues transitions are not smooth. I am observing lag on start screen and it is more while dragging start screen livetiles and while swipe left on start screen

Gulshan D

Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
This is what you all signed up for when u installed it. The point of having it is to provide feedback to Microsoft. Not complain in the forums

I was just trying to confirm that everybody else was facing the same issues as me.
I saw in the screenshots posted on the forums of other devices that didn't face the background bug (like Lumia 830), but with my device it's not working.
And I don't think discussing these issue with other members is equivalent to "COMPLAINING IN THE FORUMS". It's more like sharing the feedback with other members.

Derian Silverlight

May 28, 2014
Visit site
lumia 730 Indonesian why I do not get the windows 10 preview for phone, while I am already registered on windows insider ?
but some users lumia 730 to get the windows 10 preview
DSC07080.jpeg

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo