On my way back to WP, take 3

cirian75

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
On my way back to Windows Phone take 3

Always loved how the WP works.

Its a phone OS, not a phone pretending to be a desktop = android, or a dumbed down to heck for fools = iOS

1st attempt, faulty from new overheating 820 and also coicided with Google ruining GMail sync = returned

2nd attempt, faulty from 2nd had 930 with screen lift, but GMail working perfect = returned

And now.

3rd, just ordered a refurb 735 in cyan from Amazon.

Idea is that if this works and does not go faulty, use it till the MS Lumia 940 come out and relegate it to backup/night out phone.

Attachments

• 735 cyan.jpg
    735 cyan.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:

Ian Too

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Good luck with this. I had a look at a 2nd hand 735 in my local CEX and they wanted ?155 for it, so you definitely got a good deal. It is a very elegant device and takes the nano SIM, like the 930.

I have a 930 with the screen lift issue, but Denim definitely alleviates it.

cirian75

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Good luck with this. I had a look at a 2nd hand 735 in my local CEX and they wanted ?155 for it, so you definitely got a good deal. It is a very elegant device and takes the nano SIM, like the 930.

I have a 930 with the screen lift issue, but Denim definitely alleviates it.

so runs cooler so as not to toast the rubbish double sided tape Nokia used?

Ian Too

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
so runs cooler so as not to toast the rubbish double sided tape Nokia used?

No, the device had the problem from new and before I had had any chance to use it in anger.

I have never had any chronic over heating problem and am convinced it has more to do with usage patterns than faulty devices. For instance, I never leave Bluetooth or Wi-Fi on when I'm not using them, so avoid drawing too much power from the battery.

When we hear about over heating and quality control problems, it always seems to be the same individuals. Whether that's because they are unlucky, finicky or unable to use the device efficiently, I can't say. I also can't say that other makes of device are any more reliable than Nokia/Microsoft.

captaincalamity

May 8, 2013
Visit site
I'm on my second Nokia 930, not because the device had any problems, no over heat, well none more than any other device I've use to play things like asphalt, no screen lift, reason is I'm a loon that just couldn't make his mind up. Back n forth to Android and iOS, all I can say is live tiles... Perfect for my post it note Life, nothing comes close. The 735 looks a nice device

cirian75

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Well the 735 never arrived

tracking showed it got to the Manchester main depot, and never left, or it did?

We don't know, lost or stolen, anyhoo, I've been refunded and the amazon reseller is making a claim for the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb