Considering getting a 735 - some questions

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
Hi all, having used the windows 10 preview (my first modern engagement in windows for a good few years) I am so impressed I am considering this phone next month when due an upgrade. I do have a few questions through -

My primary use is, email, opening attachments, making some edits on word, Facebook, Twitter, photos (every now and then), music and texting. I know this is not a high end edvice, will it cope easily with those tasks?

Secondly I am keen to try the technical preview for the phone, I see that the 730 is listed as a device it can be tested on but does this include the 735? (I could assume it does but the website lists the 630 and the 635 so worried does does not include the 735).

Thanks.

William.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
It will handle those tasks well.

I can't say about the Insider situation though, although you probably want to wait until its more polished.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I'd consider staying away from the W10 TP with a new device especially it it's your daily driver.

The only annoyance you might run across with the current implementation of email and Office on the phone (I think both will change with W10) is attaching documents to emails (it's a bit of a roundabout thing) and the inability to attach documents to a reply email.

Office on WP currently is pretty useless except for very basic edits.

If that is something you require daily or even weekly it will drive you batty.

Other than that, things will work well enough for your purposes.

Wbutchart1

Feb 20, 2015
Visit site
I'd consider staying away from the W10 TP with a new device especially it it's your daily driver.

The only annoyance you might run across with the current implementation of email and Office on the phone (I think both will change with W10) is attaching documents to emails (it's a bit of a roundabout thing) and the inability to attach documents to a reply email.

Office on WP currently is pretty useless except for very basic edits.

If that is something you require daily or even weekly it will drive you batty.

Other than that, things will work well enough for your purposes.

Thanks for that.

When it comes to word it would be for minor edits primaraly, nothing complex, the most complex may be making something bold!

Are you able to confirm if the technical preview is available for the 735? I find the laptop version so stable that I would be willing to take the gamble with the phone version ( would roll back if it's a nightmare).

Albatross2

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
I have the Lumia 735 and it is definitely not supported for the Insider (windows phone 10) program. I expect that will change with future releases, but not currently supported.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for that.

When it comes to word it would be for minor edits primaraly, nothing complex, the most complex may be making something bold!

Are you able to confirm if the technical preview is available for the 735? I find the laptop version so stable that I would be willing to take the gamble with the phone version ( would roll back if it's a nightmare).

Well you have your answer about the Insider Program. The current one is not perfect. It's not the same as on PC.

Roll back is simple with the Lumia Software Utility. You need a PC and internet for it. The download is about 4GB for the replacement firmware.

seangprice

Sep 19, 2013
Visit site
Just a FYI for potential buyers in the US, the product from B&H Photo works on US GMS carriers fully but the QI shell is not included with the 735, at least not the one I just received. IF anyone else has ordered from B&H and the phone came with the required QI shell, let me know.

Albatross2

Nov 7, 2014
Visit site
Mine is from B&H and did not work with QI as received. I ordered a replacement QI shell on EBay for 10 or 15 bucks. Now works like a charm.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs