Lumia Camera Instructions and Advice

Daniel Gandolfo

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
hello,

I have been using Lumia camera for a while now on my 735 and think it works well.

But, I have not been able to find any indepth instructions as to what the lumia camera software is capable of.

For instance, why does the software put a box around a face on the screen. This is obviously face recognition but what is the point of putting a box around a face. is the software doing something?

Also, I have noticed that sometimes when red-eye occurs in a shot the red off the eyes can be replaced by the software with a red circle of one colour and the red circle appears on the final image. What is happening.

Surely, Microdoft should have provided should in depth instructions as to what their software does and if they have I have not been able to find it?

Nevica

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
If you open Lumia camera and push the 3 dots ... you see a list starting with "lenses..." If you swipe up you also see "tutorial" did you already check this out?

Face recognition.
If you use smart sequence you can for example take a photo of a group of people. (You phone them takes several pictures) And afterwards you can edit this so you can change the "face" of on person and you can choose "face" from the smart sequence.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
You are right. I cannot easily find a guide showing how this works. Face detection is so the camera focuses on the people. Helps composing a shot as the people will come out clearly.

Redeye correction is normally a post-shot fix in Creative Studio or other apps. The camera will take a photo and the eyes will be red due to the flash. No red circle should be saved when a photo is taken.

Daniel Gandolfo

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Yes,

Red dots saved instead of red-eye.

Yes, the tutorial doesn't give in depth detail as to what the software does. Microsoft need to write an indepth guide as to what their software does. The tutorial installed on the phone is not indepth. For instance, face recognition is not even mentioned in the tutorial. Living images are not explained in the tutorial. What is the 'focus assist' light? What are lenses? (for me a lens is something you put in front of a light to focus a light).

Come on Microsoft get your act together!!!

Nevica

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Yes,

Red dots saved instead of red-eye.

Yes, the tutorial doesn't give in depth detail as to what the software does. Microsoft need to write an indepth guide as to what their software does. The tutorial installed on the phone is not indepth. For instance, face recognition is not even mentioned in the tutorial. Living images are not explained in the tutorial. What is the 'focus assist' light? What are lenses? (for me a lens is something you put in front of a light to focus a light).

Come on Microsoft get your act together!!!

Nevica

Under the tutorials you can go to FAQ.
And there you can find more and search what a living images is, what focus assist light is, what Microsoft definition of lenses is etc.
Or just Bing or Google these things so it's all there you only have to look for it.

Daniel Gandolfo

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm sorry, but when I search for these in FAQ there is no information given. Face recognition there is no information given. Living images - no information given, lenses - no information given.

It seems to me that there needs to be one document written to cover what the software does. This is normal when writing software that you write a document to explain what it does. Why hasn't Microsoft done this?

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12