Weak WiFi connection on winphone 8.1 for Lumia 735?

Amir Haj Najafi

Mar 22, 2015
Visit site
Hi, I recently got a lumia 735 with winphone 8.1 (denim). It works quite properly but the only problem is sometimes when I am connected to WiFi , I realize that I don't have internet access anymore (although the Wifi icon is still on). And it takes a lot of refreshing and retrying to make it work again. I face this problem almost every half hour...
once again, It does not disconnect from WiFi or become "limited"... the internet features, icons and options remain the same , but with no access for about 4-5 mins.
I tried soft reseting my phone, but it didn't fix the issue.
Then I went through the treads in windows central and found out it was a common problem for lumia 730 and 735 users...
Today I asked a question in Microsoft central and someone told me that the problem might be with my router, but I reset it and checked that other devices (my laptop with windows 8.1 and my Ipod) do not have this problem.
It will be nice if someone could tell me what to do to solve this issue because I am really into this new phone and this weak Wifi thing is getting on my nerves ...
Thanks in advance

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried a WiFi scanner app to see what channels are in use around you? Your router might be using a congested channel and you could try switching the router settings manually to use a less trafficked channel.

This is a problem that usually shows in WiFi saturated areas like muti-corp office structures and apartment buildings.

RumoredNow

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Merged... Please click Reply button and continue in the same thread rather than making new threads for each part of the conversation... Thank You.

I did a search some time ago for a WiFi scanner App and wifiinfoview came up as a freeware program. WifiInfoView - WiFi Scanner for Windows 7/8/Vista

It is from NirSoft and I've used a couple of their utilities. They make some nifty tools... You would download wifiinfoview to your PC and then check the read me file. I found it pretty easy to use with real time channel tracking info.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
Eh I take it somebody already provided you with an answer? It would be easier to download the WC app and sent the person a pm :) instead of creating so many threads

bajajchirag123

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
this problem is common in lumia 73X series but its not that much irritating like limited access in every 30 min or something. according to me this problem is probably due to router issue. just go ahead n reset your router completely and if possible try to connect to another router then you will be able to detect weather there is defect in your phone or in router

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGluco2