Does the Lumia 730's corning gorilla glass 3 have endless warranty against scratches?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

does lumia 730's corning gorilla glass 3 has endless warranty against scratches???

i had bought lumia 730 dual sim and had a query against the scratches on my screen.
Microsoft describes screen as scratch proof so if get scratches on it then would the replace it free????? and how long is the warranty period.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: does lumia 730's corning gorilla glass 3 has endless warranty against scratches???

i had bought lumia 730 dual sim and had a query against the scratches on my screen.
Microsoft describes screen as scratch proof so if get scratches on it then would the replace it free????? and how long is the warranty period.

Welcome to Windows Central.

No, I don't think there is a lifetime warranty for Corning's gorilla glass. Also, most references show that the glass is advertised as "scratch resistant", not "scratch proof" - there is no absolutely scratch proof material and even diamonds can be scratched.

The warranty period of the glass is usually as long as the warranty period for the phone. Since the glass is a component of the phone, it should be covered by the warranty for parts replacement/repair period of the phone. This is usually 12 months, but it may be extended to 24 months in some areas. However, be careful since scratches and damages to the screen usually void the warranty - since the warranty does not cover mishandling and improper use (which are the most common causes of scratches and broken screens).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes