LED notifications lumia 730 ;)

Simon Hinton

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Impossible.

It's not, the hardware is there (top left corner of the phone, a tiny circle under the glass on the top bezel) but turned off and not currently supported by Windows. I sideloaded a registry editor (CustomPFD) with Windows Powertools and found a key for the LED in a Notifications subkey. Enabling it made it flash while the phone booted, but nothing more.

I can't for the life of me find the keys in .164, so they might have removed it for builds going forward. Ages ago on one of the first builds you had direct proof in Settings, but that disappeared too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5KjUnieqNY

ZorMi

Nov 25, 2013
Visit site
somehow the LED are Blinking while the battery are 100% depleted
That's how my Microsoft Sculpt wireless keyboard and mouse behave, tiny LED turning on at the end of battery charge. Probably the same purpose on the phone. Can it be controlled by a program to use for notifications (some hardware limits)?

f1saurabh

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
I am on the latest stable build for non windows insider ( can't remember the build number) and the LED activates when you switch on the phone or restart it. To be able to see it in action you need to be in a dark room and focus on top left to the earpiece. Mind you that it comes on for literally for milliseconds so please be attentive. That's another use I guess.

Nindza93

Jan 5, 2016
Visit site
From what I understood, microsoft has to release a firmware update for the phone to make it(led notification) work. I doubt that they are gonna waste time on an old phone like 730/735. Dont get your hopes up guys :p

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon