Incorrect Phone Number Showing On Lumia 735

Daniel Gandolfo

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I have a Lumia 735.

I recently received a SIM card from O2. I subsequently rang up O2 to have the SIM card phone number corrected to the phone number I have had for a very long time.

The only problem now is that when I go to Settings-> Applications -> phone

the incorrect phone number is shown. It shows the original phone number connected with the SIM card before it was changed to the correct one.

How do I get my Lumia phone to show the correct phone number connected with my Service Provider account.

Thanks,

Nevica

Last edited:

eusty

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
Mmmm....

I just checked on my phone and it says the original number too!

This phone had had different SIM cards in, hard reset, flashed etc etc so I guess it must be hard coded into the SIM and the provider uses a 'redirect'?

Daniel Gandolfo

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
Swopping SIMS won't solve the problem. It will only tell me what phone number is on a SIM. I know that the SIM card number has been changed by O2 so the question remains is it a number resetting problem with O2 or is it a Nokia phone problem?

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Well, the issue is either the phone or the SIM - as you say - but if you can't/won't swap phones/SIMs to isolate the problem then you may never know which one it is.

Daniel Gandolfo

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
I understand from the Microsoft Forums is that the solution is with the SIM card therefore it is the provider in this case. Apparently they need to reset the SIM correctly with the new number and so the phone can pick this up after a soft reset of the phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium