How can I roll back from WP10 to a WP 8.1 on my Nokia Lumia 735?

AiridasPreiksa

Mar 7, 2015
Visit site
[HELP] Nokia Lumia 735 (how to back from WP10 to WP8.1)

Hello,

I'm now using "Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview" OS version: 10.0.12562.84 and I want to back to "Windows phone 8.1" version, but appeared some problems. When I download Windows Phone Recovery Tool from the official Windows Phone webpage and installed it I can't connect my Windows Phone to computer. Then I try to click "My phone was not detected" and then "Windows LUMIA" and it not found. And the question is :
1. Why I can't back from WP10 to WP 8.1 ?
2. Is my phone broken or it's Windows OS guilt ?

I'm waiting for answers.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: [HELP] Nokia Lumia 735 (how to back from WP10 to WP8.1)

Welcome to Windows Central,

1. We do not know so we have to find out.

2 What could be is that the USB port from your phone is defect. (what happens if you just connect your phone to your PC does your PC detect your phone).
Another reason could be a "bad" contact between your phone and your PC so try different USB cables or different USB ports or even a different PC.

So try above suggestions and let us know what the result is.

Good luck

renjith p george

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

Even i have the very same issue. When phone is connected to pc,it gets charged but never gets detected as a storage. The same problem while using recovery tool.

Lumia 730 india here.

renjith p george

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site

Even i have the very same issue. When phone is connected to pc,it gets charged but never gets detected as a storage. The same problem while using recovery tool.

Lumia 730 india here.

Harrie-S

Retired Ambassador
Sep 26, 2014
Visit site

Lumia 730 india here.

So if you tried other USB cables, USB ports and other PC's. There is a problem with your USB port in your phone. So I would suggest to check if you still have warranty and get it repaired.
(You could however first try a hard reset)

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

Might also want to make sure the phone has been unlocked (I mean, passcode unlocked, not SIM unlocked)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6