Microsoft lumia 735 reviews

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
I cant find any reviews on the verizon site or really in here on the Microsoft version of the 735. I would like to hear what everyone who has got one has to say.

Andrew_404

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
I've been using an unlocked 735 since November. Love the phone. Both cameras are great. If you do selfies its the best. Battery life is good, lasts easily an entire day. Make sure you get a storage card. 8gig can be consumed very quickly but nose of the apps are storage card friendly so that helps. Any other questions fire away ok..

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
I know the microsoft version has 16 gig and a couple of other changes so I wasnt sure if it was better than the Nokia version or not. The big thing I was wondering about if the batteries are the same.

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
Is the 735 a bad phone or something. there are no reviews on the verizon site on the phone and no one is posting anything on this thread.

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a 730 dual SIM I use when traveling abroad and the phone is great. Probably one of the most underrated Lumias to date.

Steven Penner

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I have a L735, but not the Verizon model. It is a nice phone, and there are plenty of reviews on this site for the L735 in general.

I'd imagine that most people who wanted the L735 and frequent this site bought it long ago and not too many are buying the Verizon version (which is what you specifically asked about) since the phone has been out for some time now.

I think most people currently looking for a midrange WP are looking at the L640 and L640xl, so sales are probably low for the 735.

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
I have read all the reviews on the older 735 and they didnt sound too bad. I didnt know if there were any improvements on the new version other than the 16gb instead of 8. I dont believe verizon has the 640. Its surprises me this phone has been out a week and still no reviews on the verizon site.

sleeve22

Banned
Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
I have read all the reviews on the older 735 and they didnt sound too bad. I didnt know if there were any improvements on the new version other than the 16gb instead of 8. I dont believe verizon has the 640. Its surprises me this phone has been out a week and still no reviews on the verizon site.
Check some reviews from the UK on the 735. Those reviews helped me make up my mind. I would definitely choose the 735/730 over the 640 any day, though I would prefer an IPS display over the OLED on the 735.

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
I just happened upon this earlier today. Very glowing review. I bought one from MS direct, supposed to arrive on Monday, so I'm happy to read such a favorable review. I'll probably stick with my Icon, but the comparison to the HTC 8x in the review is worth gold. My wife and kid both have 8x's, and the wife is really resistant to giving it up because of the great form factor. Keeping that same form factor while increasing the screen from 4.3 to 4.7 is a very nice gain and I'm sure she'll be happy as a clam to finally "upgrade". And I won't have to worry about her 8x being Windows 10 Mobile compatible. Anyway, here's the "professional" review:

http://winsupersite.com/hardware/product-review-microsoft-lumia-735-verizon

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
Even with the lack of reviews I decided to take the plunge after my grandson decided my Icon needed a bath in the toilet and I hated the galazy 3 I was using. I received it yesterday and am enjoying it just fine. No issues seems plenty fast. I havent made any calls with it yet so not sure about the call quality. I will let everyone know after I make a few calls.

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
Made some calls and everything was good. But I had to send it back today because something happened in the phone that wouldnt allow me to find any Wifi. It was working then it stopped. I will get my replacement monday. Hopefully that will take care of it. other than that I couldnt find any reasons not to buy this phone. As of this morning there still arent any reviews on the verizon site or any in here. maybe I m one of the only few to buy the Microsoft version.

Margaret 501

Jul 11, 2015
Visit site
Does anyone know about the differences between the Lumia 735 that the Microsoft Store is offering for Verizon and the Lumia 735 that Verizon is selling? Both appear to have 16GB of internal memory. Verizon is selling theirs for a few dollars less.

GreenScrew

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know about the differences between the Lumia 735 that the Microsoft Store is offering for Verizon and the Lumia 735 that Verizon is selling? Both appear to have 16GB of internal memory. Verizon is selling theirs for a few dollars less.

They are the same. I bought one from Microsoft because the only way (at least at the time) to get from Verizon was online and to purchase online through Verizon required extending my contract for 2 years which I didn't want to do. I have an upgrade available but didn't want to "waste" the value of that upgrade on the low cost 735. If it was available at the store for purchase at full retail I'd probably have gone that route. I got the 735 as a replacement for my spouses HTC 8x, she's pretty happy with it so far. Battery life is noticeable better, like 2x what the 8x has been recently.

fredd

Feb 15, 2008
Visit site
Got the replacement and this one is possibly faster on wi fi probably because the wifi antenna was messed up on the first phone. call quality is great and pictures while not as good as the icon are still just fine especially compared to the galaxy 3 I was using.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
A friend surprised me yesterday when I saw them rocking the 735. It's a nice little phone. I would probably take the 640 or close over it but if I was on Verizon I would take it as it is their best phone now

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

scotiez

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
I traded in my IPhone 6 for the Lumia 735 at Verizon. Love the phone. works with both my desktop and laptop. Something apple doesn't do. I have been long wanting to get away from apple and now I have. The 735 is fast and buttery smooth, and I use it for music everyday working out, I think the music on windows phone is better then iphones. Good job Microsoft, now I can't wait till windows 10 can be installed on it.

wpguy007

Sep 24, 2014
Visit site
I bought my Lumia 735 last year and love using it. I use it mainly as a company phone because it can integrate directly with the company directory and emails (running on Office 365).

Besides that, I can view Word, Powerpoint and PDF files smoothly. I am also using Analytics for Windows Phone to access my Google Analytics account to track all my blog hits and since I am also a Windows Phone developer, i use the Dev Center app to track my app downloads as well :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss