How do I activate a notification LED?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ocean Sharma

Aug 5, 2015
Visit site
my lumia 730 has a small notification led on its top but it doesnt work....
any chance if i can activate it now?
or will it come with windows 10 mobile only?
and when will windows 10 mobile arrive??

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Re: how to activate notification LED?

I'm afraid there is some confusion: what you're seeing is not a notification LED (since the Lumia 730 does not have such an LED); what you're seeing is most probably the proximity sensor InfraRed LED, used to determine if there's anything near the surface of your screen (directly on top that sensor) - it's the one that turns your screen off during calls.

So, no, it can't be activated (since it doesn't exist).

It will not come with Windows 10 Mobile (for the same reason).

And, for the arrival of Windows 10 Mobile, no specific release date has been announced at this point, all we know is that it should arrive towards the end of 2015 through early 2016.

Czesky

Apr 11, 2015
Visit site

There is a small LED light on my Lumia 520 but it only works while I'm calling someone. BUT - when I've updated to Windows 10 Mobile, it was working as a notification light but one coloured.

Rose640

Jul 20, 2015
Visit site

There is a small LED light on my Lumia 520 but it only works while I'm calling someone. BUT - when I've updated to Windows 10 Mobile, it was working as a notification light but one coloured.

Again, that is a proximity sensor, and no, it wasnt working as a notification light. Either you're confused or simply making things up.

Jezza

May 8, 2015
Visit site

I think your best option for notifications when the screen is off is to enable Glance. I'm not a Windows Phone user (yet), but someone else here will give you a bit more guidance on this I'm sure.

Piyush Madan

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site

When I had the preview the sensor used to work as an led notification....i guess but that was in the very beginning

f1saurabh

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site

Yes, Lumia 730 does have a hardware LED present and it will be activated in windows mobile 10 in future for notification purposes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb