My Lumia 730 is not recognized by pc after upgrading to Build 10581 still same on Build 10586

aravindhghosh

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
My lumia 730 is not recognized by pc in build 10581 and now remains it on build 10586. My desktop and laptop are recognizing it it both says "Windows can't recognized this device".
I tried soft/hard reset, uninstalling drivers but no one of them solved.

It was worked fine in build 10536, and it connected to pc. After upgrade of Build 10581 i tried a reset and when I connected to the computer its says Windows can't recognized. And newer build remains the same problem in 10586. Till now my phone is not connecting to pc.

Any solution for this Friends pls help I'm tired of asking?

Last edited:

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I did post a solution yesterday, but I think it didn't get posted because of some technical reasons. Have you installed both windows device recovery tool & nokia software recovery tool? If not, download missing s/w and check if device works or not.
EDIT:
In fact, I posted a solution which did have similar problem. Sorry no technical issues.

Last edited:

masaichris

Nov 29, 2015
Visit site
I am on build 10586 and am facing the same problem, I tried connecting the Lumia 730 with 2 different computers using 2 different cables but I still get the same error "USB device not recognised".

Any solution for this. I did a factory reset but still the issue exists.

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Looks like your PC doesn't recognize the device. Please make sure the screen is unlocked while connecting to PC. Hope this helps! Recognizing win 10 mobile might need windows phone app for w7 & w8.1 can straightaway reognize phone w/o any sw.

aravindhghosh

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
hey I found the solution for this if you have this problem,
1) Install windows device recovery tool and open it.
2)Turn off your device and Now turn it on in flash mode by (press and hold both Power button and Volume Up button) it get to you to flash mode now connect your device to computer. to identify flash mode you must see a flsh with gear image in your mobile screen.
3)Now computer detects the phone as Lumia Boot mgr but recovery tool will not.
4)Now select My device not detected in Windows Device Recovery tool, and now screen comes up and says detecting devices.
5)now turn on your mobile with Volume down + power button in flash mode screen, until phone vibrates.
6)Now Windows Device Recovery tool detect the device as RM-1040 and Windows phone 8.1 will be downloaded depending on your region.
7)It will be completely wipe your phone. And installs Windowsphone 8.1 inyour phone as OOBE experience after that your phone will be connected through pc. That's worked for me. After that you can be updated to Windows 10 mobile insider preview by Windows Insider app.
Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss