Why Can't I Send MMS? (Unlocked Lumia 735)

mleone47

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Why Can't I Send MMS? (Unlocked Lumia 735) please help

Hello all! Hope you had a wonderful holiday. For Christmas, I got my mother a Lumia 735 (Verizon), the thing is We have T-Mobile, the phone is unlocked, so it works with the network, the thing is she can't send or receive media. "Can't send media content. Contact your mobile operator to adjust your settings. Try again." Here are all the facts about the phone.

It's an unlocked Lumia 735 running on T-Mobile
the phone gets 4g LTE, I can search in IE and with Cortana fine (when the WiFi is off), so I have data connection. I don't believe it has WiFi calling (I don't know how to check).
I can send out regular text messages and receive them ( just no MMS).
The phone is running Windows Phone 8.1 update 2 (8.10.15148.160).

I am pretty sure the problem is with my APN, but in 8.1 update 2, I cannot add or change the MMS APN. Under SIM settings I can only "edit internet APN". I have fast.t-mobile.com as my APN right now.

This is really frustrating and I just wanted my mother to have a solid upgrade from her former HTC Radar. Please help!! I don't know what else to do. Is there another setting for me to add APN? Or something? Thank you in advance.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Why Can't I Send MMS? (Unlocked Lumia 735) please help

I'm pretty sure Verizon phones have MMS and internet sharing settings locked down for these situations...

I could be out of date though.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Why Can't I Send MMS? (Unlocked Lumia 735) please help

I'm pretty sure Verizon phones have MMS and internet sharing settings locked down for these situations...

I could be out of date though.
Unfortunately, I believe you are correct. For some reason, it works with the ICON (with tweaks of course), but not so much for the Verizon 735.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes