Verizon 735 options???.

agienne

Jan 29, 2016
Visit site
Very sorry if this is a double post. meant to post it here, but it may be in "ask a question"...

Thanks to the Bing scratch-and-win, I'm now an owner of a Lumia 735 (locked to Verizon). I'm curious what I can/should do with it.
Soooooo..... I've read conflicting statements from very knowledgeable people. Verizon technically/legally has to have their LTE phones unlocked, but can make their radios not work with texts or data if not Verizon? Correct? ... I'm in the U.S.
Will this phone work internationally with foreign sims? Or would I have to be a Verizon customer and have them go through some sort of "loyal customer unlocking" phone call.
I really love the phone, but am happy with my low Virgin monthly bill.
Thanks!!!
Andrew

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
From my understanding, you're correct. At most, you can have LTE, but can't make any voice calls or send text. I think even MMS wouldn't work either.

horseybob

Apr 17, 2013
Visit site
your 735 is NOT "locked" to Verizon; rather, it has the CDMA radio enabled in addition to the GSM one so that it can connect to the Verizon or Sprint networks. I've used my 822 and 928 in Europe and Asia successfully using both the costly Verizon International plan as well as just buying a local carrier SIM, which works perfectly. Haven't yet traveled with the 735 yet, but it is marked by Verizon as being an International phone, so it'll work anywhere.

just get a SIM from your carrier of choice, throw it in and enjoy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon