Issues with Windows 10 in 735, any help?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Issues with Windows 10 in 735

I just bought a 735 to replace my 928. With Windows 8 the 735 is great. Fast and everything works. Then I selected the slow update in the Insider App. When 10 came up it was almost unusable. Selecting camera resulted in Start screen coming up. Very slow doing most things. Spontaneous reboots many times. Is 10 really that unstable on the 735 or is something else going on?

Saijin_Naib

Jun 30, 2015
Visit site
Re: Issues with Windows 10 in 735

I would get off whatever version is on the slow ring, get onto the fast ring update .107 which is a pretty significant cumulative update that was concerned mostly with bug fixes and stability. Made a huge improvement in performance and stability on my 635.

You can always go back down to the Slow Ring after you're on .107.

backlog

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site

I was "guest" who posted the original question. I tried the slow and fast ring and got the same result. The 735 works great with Windows 8.1, but is a dog with Windows 10. Here are some things that happen. I do have a 64gb micro card installed:
- Every app takes longer to start. Phone overall is very slow to do anything. I see the word "loading" more than anything.
- Going to the camera often ends in a restart, several other things cause a restart or going back to the start menu.
-I used the restore tool on my PC to go back to Windows 8. It says firmware is up to date. Again the phone is perfect on Win 8.

I just bought the 735 a few days ago at a Verizon store. Before I got this phone I had a 735 for a few days from Verizon and it did the same thing on the Win 10 update so Verizon replaced it, but it is not a phone hardware problem since the same thing is happening on both phones.
What else can I try?

Last edited:

TimTimmyTimothy

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site

I have upgraded to .107 recently on my Nokia Lumia 735 without my Class10 SD card (it has just photos though) and done a hard reset of course for a clean usage. Later updated all apps, turned off the phone and inserted the SD card then turned on. So far too good! (3 days) I don't install any app or game to the SD card by the way. Everything is better than 8.1 Update 2, even the battery performance. Just second microphone doesn't work while recording video... I hope that will be fixed by the official 10 upgrade very soon :) That's my experience

Last edited:

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

I had to hard reset in order to get .71 to work smoothly. After that, everything was just smooth. No random reboots or anything. Updating to .107 made it even better.

backlog

Feb 16, 2016
Visit site
Thanks for the help. I just updated to Win 10 again (after going back to 8.1). I did remove the micro SD card before doing the update. After doing the update I went to settings --> about --> reset. I'm still having the same issue I had on my first attempt to go to 10. I don't think this is the hard reset you are referring to. How do I do the reset you mention in your responses. Maybe there is something in my data or one of my apps that is screwing things up? Thanks.

Last edited:

TimTimmyTimothy

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site

That's not normal exactly and I have no idea about what's wrong with it... It's better for you to use 8.1 Update 2 until the official 10 release then. By the way, I'm back to 8.1 U2 too. Official 10 is coming really soon this time, just a bit more patience :)

sk bhardwaj

Feb 3, 2016
Visit site

I'm having 735 n win 10 .107 version is better running.Only some issues like notifications come but not shown in action center and apps not opened after some time, reinstallation of app needed

TimTimmyTimothy

Dec 2, 2015
Visit site
About the camera quality, some say it's a bit worse than 8.1 but I didn't notice any difference. Also new Windows Camera app is much better than the Lumia Camera 4 app. I hate to use Lumia Camera 4 while there's Lumia Camera 5. We have awesome ZEISS Lens, why still Lumia Camera 4 on 8.1? Search about the quality difference of 4 and 5 on the internet. It's really different and 5 is much better on the same devices. By the way, new Windows Camera app is Lumia Camera 5 actually with a different UI. About my battery performance, I didn't feel any different from 8.1 again :) But some say .107 is a bit worse than .71 (I haven't tried .71)

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

So on my 1320, Windows 10 builds make my phone freeze, even with a fresh start hard reset. Is it the same case for Lumia 735? Getting my 735 probably next week.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss