Lumia 735 - Wifi Connection Issues

Apriarcy

Feb 18, 2016
Visit site
I picked up a Lumia 735 from Verizon back when they first released and for this most part the phone has been great. My biggest problem, and one that I have yet to solve, is using Wifi on my phone. It seems as if the Wifi receiver on the phone is either defective or very very weak. I can "see" my network, and it shows a full 5 bar connection. BUT, if I'm not in the same room as the router, the connection is complete garbage. The speeds are god awful slow and the connection drops constantly. I have the same issue on every Wifi network I have tried (Home, Work, Parent's House, Sisters, ect). Quite simply, having to be in the same room as the router just to use my phone at home is worthless. Using the same router, I never had a single issue with my Lumia 928 that I "upgraded" from. Neither does my Girlfriend with her Note 5.

So far I have done several Soft and Hard resets, tried using Windows 10 Technical Preview and when that didn't help I reverted back to 8.1, got a new SIM card and I have also contacted Verizon about the issue and gotten a replacement phone. Still, the same problem. If anyone can help me that would be greatly appreciated.

Please if anyone has any useful information about this problem please let me know. Thank you!

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
I picked up a Lumia 735 from Verizon back when they first released and for this most part the phone has been great. My biggest problem, and one that I have yet to solve, is using Wifi on my phone. It seems as if the Wifi receiver on the phone is either defective or very very weak. I can "see" my network, and it shows a full 5 bar connection. BUT, if I'm not in the same room as the router, the connection is complete garbage. The speeds are god awful slow and the connection drops constantly. I have the same issue on every Wifi network I have tried (Home, Work, Parent's House, Sisters, ect). Quite simply, having to be in the same room as the router just to use my phone at home is worthless. Using the same router, I never had a single issue with my Lumia 928 that I "upgraded" from. Neither does my Girlfriend with her Note 5.

So far I have done several Soft and Hard resets, tried using Windows 10 Technical Preview and when that didn't help I reverted back to 8.1, got a new SIM card and I have also contacted Verizon about the issue and gotten a replacement phone. Still, the same problem. If anyone can help me that would be greatly appreciated.

Please if anyone has any useful information about this problem please let me know. Thank you!
Have you tried tweaking your router settings? Use this link

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro