Windows 10 Mobile released for Lumia 730/735 (Officially)

MUBANASFAR

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
Lumia 730/735 are in the official list of eligible devices for Windows 10 Mobile. Build number 10586.164 (though initially 10586.104 but if you go to phone update you will see the second update for .164). I couldn't install now, wifi not available. So friends try out the update and discuss the pros and cons of upgrading here.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
yep, battery is good. A bit slower than 8.1 . Nice UI and settings/notifications bar. Photo app sucks, it's like gigantic IOS photo app which I dont like. Actual app icon(within a tile) looks magnified on start screen, so it appears bigger :(, and medium tile is *lengthier* in proportion to original w8 . Tons of more colour options available for theme :), Also.. you can enable transparent tiles against background.
Email client is like Gmail app(android) so no longer the simplistic emails view :( . Multitasking (long press back button) has cards like view on a single window... much prefer the older one and is quicker on that. I have not seen any problems so far after direct upgrade :) . Dialer is much better now you can tap in numbers and contacts will be fetched automatically, so sort of android that way. Alarms app has World Clock, Stopwatch and Timer included :love: - much appreciated. Overall it's a mix and mash of Android and IOS. Live tiles still rocks though :cool:

Etios

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
Can anyone with a 730/735 get the notification LED to work? Go to settings => systems => notifications => scroll to the bottom of the screen to activate the LED settings.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
^^ that incoming VOIP call setting is also not in this build. I guess the user is using different one. There's no led toggle for me. Also i dont see any led flash in that video, is it some gimmick?

Etios

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
^^ that incoming VOIP call setting is also not in this build. I guess the user is using different one. There's no led toggle for me. Also i dont see any led flash in that video, is it some gimmick?

This is not about led flash, it is about notification led which is hidden in Lumia 730/735 till now. microsoft has to activate it to before we can use it, windows 10 mobile does come with notification LED but Microsoft has to activate it for Lumia 930 and Lumia 730, the only two phones which shipped with Notification LEDs.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
led flash or notification led or notification flash or whatever, it's all powered by the LED. SO there's no setting in the current build. Will update if I find something :)

MUBANASFAR

Nov 13, 2014
Visit site
led flash or notification led or notification flash or whatever, it's all powered by the LED. SO there's no setting in the current build. Will update if I find something :)

It is the software update. In case 730 has LED it will be activated only by firmware update. Im not really sure about the LED notification. Anyhow have to wait for firmware update to confirm.

mjyumping

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
The Windows 10 Upgrade Advisor is saying that my phone is eligible for the update, they are working with the mobile operator and phone manufacturer to make the upgrade available for my phone, i would see it when it's ready. That is what is saying even though my 735 is unbranded.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
I think camera is fine.. But one big con noticed only this evening; SMS app is not receving ringtones. and it's missing from Notifications setting page too(Messenging + Skype) . And there's no way to reinstall a MS system app :( . Hopefully this will be fixed very soon.

Etios

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site
It is the software update. In case 730 has LED it will be activated only by firmware update. Im not really sure about the LED notification. Anyhow have to wait for firmware update to confirm.

Yup, you got it right. The LED notification bulb needs a firmware update for activation. So, if Microsoft does not provide a firmware update then there is no chance of notification bulb getting activated.

Any information or rumours on what phones will get firmware updates?

alexuio

Jan 6, 2015
Visit site
Just downloaded the update and it has been almost an hour that the device is "preparing for instaling" and it's only at the 75%... is that normal for this part to take so long? The phone is still working without any problem but I'm not sure it should take that long...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos