Why is my led notification light on Lumia 730 not working after updating to Windows 10?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Why led notification light on Lumia 730 isnt working after updating to Windows 10?

As per recent global rollout of windows 10 update by Microsoft, i have updated my lumia 730 to win 10. i observed that there is no option of Led in Notification settings while it was there in the Windows 10 preview version. However, it was said in one of post in this platform that Microsoft will be going to activate the Led feature on LED supported Lumias in Win 10. But still there is no move from Microsoft which is a big disappointment for windows fans.

Despite windows store is lagging behind in apps as compare to other mobile OS. Still the windows fans are using windows phones with patience and big hopes. Microsoft should ponder on these issues in order to cope up / remain in the Smartphone market.

One more issue i m facing on Lumia 730 is my battery draining so fast since i updated my phone to WIndows 10. Although, Windows 10 seems much stable OS as compared to previous versions which i appreciate. but still there is lots improvement needs to be done.

Please guide/ apprise me the status of any update on enabling LED notification will be going to roll out by microsoft in future. if so, when? any developments?

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Why led notification light on Lumia 730 isnt working after updating to Windows 10?

As per recent global rollout of windows 10 update by Microsoft, i have updated my lumia 730 to win 10. i observed that there is no option of Led in Notification settings while it was there in the Windows 10 preview version. However, it was said in one of post in this platform that Microsoft will be going to activate the Led feature on LED supported Lumias in Win 10. But still there is no move from Microsoft which is a big disappointment for windows fans.

Despite windows store is lagging behind in apps as compare to other mobile OS. Still the windows fans are using windows phones with patience and big hopes. Microsoft should ponder on these issues in order to cope up / remain in the Smartphone market.

One more issue i m facing on Lumia 730 is my battery draining so fast since i updated my phone to WIndows 10. Although, Windows 10 seems much stable OS as compared to previous versions which i appreciate. but still there is lots improvement needs to be done.

Please guide/ apprise me the status of any update on enabling LED notification will be going to roll out by microsoft in future. if so, when? any developments?

there has been no official word from Microsoft over the activation of LED notification either now or in future builds.

nokia lumia 730 and 930 evidently has it but haven't been activated yet. most likely Redstone builds should bring in this feature.

most interesting point is whenever questioned about the LED notification Microsoft always tries to dodge the question. maybe we would never see it happening !!

Sumit Amrutwar

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Re: Why led notification light on Lumia 730 isnt working after updating to Windows 10?

But it's surprising tat there was led notification option in windows preview version however it was not working and also there few videos on YouTube showing working led feature on Lumia 730. How it could be possible?

Kunal Dudwadkar

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site

Similarly how they made us happy by giving "Only 3G" option in the preview and then took it out in the final builds. That's called "Classic Microsoft"

Sumit Amrutwar

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site

But bro.. This is the biggest loss of Microsoft only.. They are day by day losing their share in smart phone market.. Microsoft is focusing on cloud computing I think..

Etios

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

I am still able to select the max level of mobile connection into "SIM" settings...

He is not talking about max settings, that is the default settings and is of no use when you want to select the much useful options of "3G only" or "4G only".

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site

I am still able to select the max level of mobile connection into "SIM" settings...

He is not talking about max settings, that is the default settings and is of no use when you want to select the much useful options of "3G only" or "4G only".

Yup, sometimes people want to lock onto a speedier 3G connection despite the presence of a much stronger 2G link.

Etios

Feb 10, 2013
Visit site

No OS update can activate that LED notification bulb in Lumia 730 and 930. We need a firmware update for this but Microsoft is in no mood to give firmware updates to old phones, even their windows insider twitter account has said these phones don't need firmware update when asked. So , we should stop expecting any firmware updates for our phones. The bugs, GPS issues, LED notification bulb etc will never be solved.

Sumit P Amrutwar

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site

Very disappointing that MS is not giving support to older Lumia phones like 730 and 930 for activation of led bulb and sort out other bugs and issues.. So 😞

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadDaniel