Lumia 735 battery time cut to 3rd since latest update (current ver. 10.0.10586.164)! What do I do?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Lumia 735 battery time cut to 3rd since latest update (current ver. 10.0.10586.164)

No Cortana in Hungary - check
No hungarian language avaible nor will be - check
No droid/ios app support that was promised - check
HERE apps going away - check

Even after these I can't tell why I still believe in miracles. In addition I would like to ask everything mentioned above if they will be changed in the future or not. It could help making my decision about changing to another platform thanks.

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lumia 735 battery time cut to 3rd since latest update (current ver. 10.0.10586.164)

No Cortana in Hungary - check
No hungarian language avaible nor will be - check
No droid/ios app support that was promised - check
HERE apps going away - check

Even after these I can't tell why I still believe in miracles. In addition I would like to ask everything mentioned above if they will be changed in the future or not. It could help making my decision about changing to another platform thanks.

you have two different queries, battery life and wp ecosystem.

1. my 730 gives 12-14hrs , if you haven't hard reset after upgrade do it that might help get better out of battery. as i did :)

2. windows 10 is building bits by bits, you need to show some faith in it as it grows and brings more better apps and improvements over the period.
i have been with wp since wp 8 so much has changed since now, i have felt the need of apps enjoyed by other os users though frankly thats the ponly thing best with them.

performance wise windows phone is the best, in comparison to android. no hang ups , no memory hogging apps. all is smooth as it should be . biggest of all no worries of virus attack too. man half of android store is filled up with security , ram cleanup, system cleanup apps. pffttt.

the bottomline is you are the user, you decide what to use. think aloud what should be in your personal smartphone , i need performance stability and yes regular usability connectivity social apps that's there, and windows phone fits best in it :)

ios app porting project has already begun named islandwood - devs can take advantage of that whereas android app port project astoria has been dropped. for good . :)

Gyorgy Laszlo

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site
Re: Lumia 735 battery time cut to 3rd since latest update (current ver. 10.0.10586.164)

Thanks for responde (sry I wasn't logged in I am the same user who posted the question)
I'm not a hardcore smartphone user. Basically this is my first smartphone ever bought and I really want this OS to be perfect or near it.
Since WP10 released and installed I'm encountering many bugs which I never saw before on WP8.0 and 8.1.
First and most frustrating is the battery issue. I'm using a simple app to see how much power the phone is using and it uses 40% even with screen off. I've upgraded my phone and everything was fine. I did a full reset after a day and even after that it was still good. But since I installed the latest patch it is constantly drawing power even with only wifi enable on the settings menu (side ftom top to bottom)
The second biggest problem was that today I've used Edge for about 30-40 minutes with 3-5 tabs open (which don't close automatically.. annoying but not sure if this can be changed) and my keyboard turned off no matter where I wanted to write a tex in browser or trying to send a message. This was the first time I had to reboot my phone to make someting right (bought it a year ago).

Gyorgy Laszlo

Mar 24, 2016
Visit site

Turned out it was something about syncing with the MS account and its now gone. I hope the battery issues is solved :)

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site

^^ Changed any sync setting(for MS account) ?? Mine is not syncing emails.

Battery life is more or less same on my L730 versus Wp8. Standby is wee better.

TranquilKnight

Nov 9, 2014
Visit site
I agree that standby time has improve A LOT! General usage is same as 8.1.
However, some apps that are developed for 8.1 drains more battery. I don't use them often so uninstalling them helped me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss