Uneven screen brightness

Daniel Francisco1

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
Greetings everyone!

I've been using my Lumia 735 since May 2015 and I think the phone is simply awesome.

It has, however, what I think to be a defect: the screen/display brightness is not evenly distributed. It shows a colour gradient from the top tight corner to the bottom left corner (pictures below). The top right corner starts with a slightly purple tint which gradually becomes the (supposed) original grey background for the alarm settings in this case.

I've searched the forums and found that some Lumias 930 have a similar issue.

Is this a software issue that can be solved with a specific update?

Thank you.

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 3
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 3
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 1
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Try fiddling Color profiles and are you sure, you set the brightness to lowest and then toggle auto adjust. That grey navigation bar is to protect the screen from suffering a burn-in: A normal behaviour observed in AMOLEDs.

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Thank you for the reply.

I have already done that. The grey navigation bar gets affected by the same issue since the pixels are not being illuminating evenly so everything on the screen will have an uneven brightness.

The same issue on the Lumia 930: http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-930/294810-screen-uniformity.html
Just now i observed it too. Maybe some kind of protection against burn-in. That is, alternating use of each and every pixel to get even usage pattern. I can't speculate too much, you could take it with grain of salt. More like, wear levelling alg. on an SSD.

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Just now i observed it too. Maybe some kind of protection against burn-in. That is, alternating use of each and every pixel to get even usage pattern. I can't speculate too much, you could take it with grain of salt. More like, wear levelling alg. on an SSD.

I can already see Windows navigation keys(icons) burned in on my AMOLED, it is visible on a bright colour screen.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss