Is the Lumia 735 worth buying today?

• Thread starter Windows Central Question
  • Start date
W

Windows Central Question

Is Lumia 735 worth buying today?

I am planning to buy a new Windows Phone(to upgrade my 520) and I am considering my choices. I noticed the 640 LTE is on sale for 165 euros. However, I like the 735 very much, which is about a 100 euros more expensive(I like Nokia very much). I am also thinking to buy Lumia 930, but the lack of expandable storage makes me skeptical.

I must also admit I was thinking of buying the Xperia Z3 and switch platforms, because I have been very disappointed from the support windows phone is getting. Despite that, I find it very difficult to depart Windows Phone. That does not mean I am no wondering if it is worth to invest any money in it.

I am very confused...

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is Lumia 735 worth buying today?

I am planning to buy a new Windows Phone(to upgrade my 520) and I am considering my choices. I noticed the 640 LTE is on sale for 165 euros. However, I like the 735 very much, which is about a 100 euros more expensive(I like Nokia very much). I am also thinking to buy Lumia 930, but the lack of expandable storage makes me skeptical.

I must also admit I was thinking of buying the Xperia Z3 and switch platforms, because I have been very disappointed from the support windows phone is getting. Despite that, I find it very difficult to depart Windows Phone. That does not mean I am no wondering if it is worth to invest any money in it.

I am very confused...

I would not invest a significant amount of money in Windows Phone at this time personally, but news that has come out since BUILD bodes well for the future.

I would not get the 735 over the 640 if it is significantly more expensive. I consider them on about equal footing. Would you pay 100 euros more for a Nokia logo over a Microsoft logo printed on the device? What about its OLED screen and smaller stature to the 640?

I'm a bit of an Xperia Compact fan personally. You probably can't go too wrong with Android. It's a different compromise set, although in general its probably better.

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is Lumia 735 worth buying today?

640 LTE and 735 are very similar specs. They will perform the same. Cameras not massively different except 735 5MP FFC for selfies.

You have to choose the right camera at the right price for you, that has the design you want :)

v535

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Best option is get to Microsoft logo'ed phone w/ 16GB storage, as you tend to run out of storage on 8Gigs on stock 735 & 730. But AFAIK, its only limited to VZW.

rambo47

Mar 28, 2005
Visit site
I just picked up a 735 (used, like new) for $100. It's a backup phone and for a change of pace, plus I like to keep tabs on what Redmond is doing in mobile. I like Windows Mobile, but I'm not ready to rely on it as my daily driver just yet. Especially when the rest of my family is using iPhones. I think the price alone But at the current price point, the 735 makes an attractive option, especially if you're trying to bide some time until a contract is fulfilled or an upgrade comes due on your account.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I just picked up a 735 (used, like new) for $100. It's a backup phone and for a change of pace, plus I like to keep tabs on what Redmond is doing in mobile. I like Windows Mobile, but I'm not ready to rely on it as my daily driver just yet. Especially when the rest of my family is using iPhones. I think the price alone But at the current price point, the 735 makes an attractive option, especially if you're trying to bide some time until a contract is fulfilled or an upgrade comes due on your account.

I'll admit that is an amazing deal! I kind of miss my 735, just a little bit. :( The unlocked one, not the Verizon one.

Twisted Fate

Jul 5, 2014
Visit site
Was just wondering the same thing, I am currently an Android user ( my 2nd Android and smartphone in general). I am looking to escape from it and get myself an WP, still cant decide between 640 LTE and 735.. I'm leaning towards 735 more but I am afraid of screen burn-in though.. Anyway, is $130 USD a good offer for a new unused and simfree 735?

Kadano

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I am planning to buy a new Windows Phone(to upgrade my 520) and I am considering my choices. I noticed the 640 LTE is on sale for 165 euros. However, I like the 735 very much, which is about a 100 euros more expensive(I like Nokia very much).
I bought my Lumia 730 for 105€ half a year ago. Perfect condition, not a single scratch or problem. Nowadays, there are many offers of 80-100€, since many people want to get rid of them because they need certain apps.

I personally gave my 730 to my mother. I needed a waterproof phone with bicycle navigation, and the 730 does neither, so I'm using a Samsung G800F (Galaxy S5 Mini) now. But let me tell you, Windows Phone OS is so much smoother. Every menu opens instantly, scrolling is fast and always fluid 60 fps. Oh, and the camera on the 730 is extremely good. It's amazing, the one in the G800F doesn't stand a chance.
If you don't need special things like bicycle navigation (only done properly on Google Maps), 730 / 735 is a very solid device, and you won't get something better hardware-wise for ~100€.

Was just wondering the same thing, I am currently an Android user ( my 2nd Android and smartphone in general). I am looking to escape from it and get myself an WP, still cant decide between 640 LTE and 735.. I'm leaning towards 735 more but I am afraid of screen burn-in though.. Anyway, is $130 USD a good offer for a new unused and simfree 735?
I'd say 130$ for unused unlocked 735 is a good offer, if it truly was never used. Otherwise, I think 100-115$ would be more appropriate.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes