Battery life on lumia 735

slavensatch

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
Battery is very poor after latest build 14393.67. I use all MS advice about battery saving, make two hard reset, try insider versions and still no change, battery last 10, 12h max... Firs two days after hard reset battery was great, third day all goes very fast...How is battery on other 735 users on this build and is there any solution for this?

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
Battery is very poor after latest build 14393.67. I use all MS advice about battery saving, make two hard reset, try insider versions and still no change, battery last 10, 12h max... Firs two days after hard reset battery was great, third day all goes very fast...How is battery on other 735 users on this build and is there any solution for this?

which apps are using a lot of battery life? Can you check that?

drevdaug

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
I just upgraded from a Lumia 928 to a 735 a few weeks ago, and I am having issues with the battery life as well. I am not sure if it is the phone itself, the OS, or the battery. Pics online show the batteries have the specs written on them, but my battery is just black with no writing on it at all.

With minimal use, it drops 20-30% in a day. Today, it updated to build 14393.189 while on the charger at 100%. I pulled it off the charger, and within a few minutes, it was down to 86%. Not sure what is going on. I don't know if I should buy another battery for my 735, or just restore the original OS. Any ideas?

slavensatch

Sep 2, 2016
Visit site
I update on build 14393.189, there is the same problem. Try to replace battery, nothing change. I've done hard reset, again, first two days battery was very good, third day starts to drain very fast... Now, after every charge battery shows 12h for use, and that will last if you dont touch phone. With a little use of edge, viber, must recharge after 6,7 h...

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
I just upgraded from a Lumia 928 to a 735 a few weeks ago, and I am having issues with the battery life as well. I am not sure if it is the phone itself, the OS, or the battery. Pics online show the batteries have the specs written on them, but my battery is just black with no writing on it at all.

With minimal use, it drops 20-30% in a day. Today, it updated to build 14393.189 while on the charger at 100%. I pulled it off the charger, and within a few minutes, it was down to 86%. Not sure what is going on. I don't know if I should buy another battery for my 735, or just restore the original OS. Any ideas?

Sounds to me like you might need to change your battery. Did you get your phone second hand?

drevdaug

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
It was supposedly "new, out of box". Everything about it looked brand new, phone itself had no blemishes, and had the microsoft and verizon logos on the front top as it should. The battery and back cover made me wonder though. The battery has no markings of any kind on it. All of the pictures I have seen online show the battery having a part number and specs printed on it, as you would expect. The back cover has no verizon branding at all.

My phone was definitely having issues on the 17th, as it would jump from 100% charge down to mid 80's in the matter of a few minutes. At one point, it shut off completely, and when I plugged it in, I could not turn it on, it would just show the charging symbol. Whatever issue it was having seems to have gone away. This morning, I turned my phone on at around 7am and it was at 99%. I have used my phone for 1-2 short phone calls, a few texts, a few emails, and to check out some xbox messages. It is currently 1:47pm, and it is at 75%. For about 7 hours of light usage, I can't complain too much. Way better than how it was behaving before.

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
It was supposedly "new, out of box". Everything about it looked brand new, phone itself had no blemishes, and had the microsoft and verizon logos on the front top as it should. The battery and back cover made me wonder though. The battery has no markings of any kind on it. All of the pictures I have seen online show the battery having a part number and specs printed on it, as you would expect. The back cover has no verizon branding at all.

My phone was definitely having issues on the 17th, as it would jump from 100% charge down to mid 80's in the matter of a few minutes. At one point, it shut off completely, and when I plugged it in, I could not turn it on, it would just show the charging symbol. Whatever issue it was having seems to have gone away. This morning, I turned my phone on at around 7am and it was at 99%. I have used my phone for 1-2 short phone calls, a few texts, a few emails, and to check out some xbox messages. It is currently 1:47pm, and it is at 75%. For about 7 hours of light usage, I can't complain too much. Way better than how it was behaving before.

I think you should get a new battery and one that is from a reputable source - yours looks like it was refurbished or something

kkdigi

Oct 22, 2015
Visit site
I have L 730 and after updating to 10.0.14393.189, the battery life is miserable. Did two hard reset without any improvement. The phone is heating up while doing simple internet surfing on home Wi-fi. Charging the battery even with original charger (a new original charger bought few months ago) showing slow charging message. The battery is not charging or even the percentage is decreasing while simultaneously charging and actively using the phone. On top of it, the phone is not detected by my laptop by connecting via USB cable (showing device descriptor request failed; error 43).

Chintan Gohel

May 23, 2014
Visit site
I have L 730 and after updating to 10.0.14393.189, the battery life is miserable. Did two hard reset without any improvement. The phone is heating up while doing simple internet surfing on home Wi-fi. Charging the battery even with original charger (a new original charger bought few months ago) showing slow charging message. The battery is not charging or even the percentage is decreasing while simultaneously charging and actively using the phone. On top of it, the phone is not detected by my laptop by connecting via USB cable (showing device descriptor request failed; error 43).

I might suggest going back to 8.1 using wdrt and seeing if there are any issues. If not, then upgrade to 14393 and once finished upgrading, do a factory reset from settings

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos