clock issues

gbafam

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
suddenly, and for no apparent reason, I'm having clock issues. When I use auto set, my lumia 735 gives an inaccurate time. It's presently 9:15 am Saturday (central time) and the phone is telling me its 6:15 Sunday (I presume am although it doesn't report that). So, I disable autoset, set the date and time manually, and figure this problem's solved.

Not so fast. When I go to my calendar, it's reporting event times that are five hours later, for no apparent reason. The splash screen when you hit the side button accurately reports the time and date (again, remember manually set) but the next item on the calendar is reported to be tomorrow, three hours earlier, when the correct date and time of the event is today, three hours later.

Going back to auto set gives the inaccurate time discussed above.

Nothing precipitated this that I can tell. restarting the phone makes no difference.

Any thoughts?

abhishek singh21

Apr 27, 2014
Visit site
please tell us what OS build are you on? are you an insider?

Also by restarting do you mean a soft reset ( holding up volume down+power key until phone reboots) ?

gbafam

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
windows phone 8.1 update 2

Not an insider.

Have not tried soft reset (duh). Not sure what I was thinking. Will do so and report back.

gbafam

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
soft reset makes no difference, both with manual clock setting and using the automatic option. Current central tim is 6:52 pm. Screen saver (or whatever you call the screen that pops up when you push the power button to make the screen light up) is reporting 3:52 for Sunday October 9. Calendar has events on the correct day but five hours later than they are actually scheduled to happen.

It's all very odd.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes