Nokia Lumia 800 Website Now Live

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
...But that's the bright side of prepaid: I'll activate an H2O wireless account (Prepaid company using AT&T's network) and get it activated there. 60 for unlimited everything :)

I've heard good things about H20. I see their SIM cards at Best Buy all the time. i might have to give them a try.

jbernal90

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Speaking of T-Mobile bands..

I know the Lumia doesn't have the AWS bands so it will only get T-Mobile EDGE. Does anybody know if the data connection is independent of the voice connection on T-Mobile? For example, is the voice signal or quality the same on EDGE as it currently is on 3G?

I don't really mind the data speeds because I carry around a hotspot I could connect to for data anyway. I just wouldn't want my voice quality to drop as well.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Quite surprised that Nokia 800 is missing so many things that N9 has. Like NFC, 64GB option, front camera, bigger screen, N9 has 1GB of RAM and pentaband.
Don't actually mind as N9 owner, but still. ;)
To be seen will i get Nokia 800 or one of the many phones released next year.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I am really surprised it doesn't have 5 bands.

I think thats down to Qualcomm chips not supporting it, unlike what they use in their Symbian devices. Maybe Nokia now starting to use Qualcomm for their WP7 devices will encourage them to make pentaband chips.

5tephen

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Quite surprised that Nokia 800 is missing so many things that N9 has. Like NFC, 64GB option, front camera, bigger screen, N9 has 1GB of RAM and pentaband.
Don't actually mind as N9 owner, but still. ;)
To be seen will i get Nokia 800 or one of the many phones released next year.

how do you like the N9? I've been considering getting one as a backup.

tissotti

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
how do you like the N9? I've been considering getting one as a backup.

UI is drop dead beautiful to use everyday as is the device itself. App Store is limited, but i got all the apps i need so it's not a problem for me while could easily be to others.

Was actually just yesterday watching high quality video on the N9 and swiping away from the video as the video keeps playing and the bottom layer of the menu starts appearing behind the video, thinking why didn't Nokia keep Swipe UI next to Windows Phone. It really is something special.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos