I'm.getting.this.phone.

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Sometime later on next year though lol. Still enjoying my current device. I've always lusted after the design of the N9 so it's great to have the same device but with an OS I love. I really don't think it's going to do big numbers, but it's a product I like and that's what matters (to me). <_< @ the lack of ffc though but I'll be ok

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
Sometime later on next year though lol. Still enjoying my current device. I've always lusted after the design of the N9 so it's great to have the same device but with an OS I love. I really don't think it's going to do big numbers, but it's a product I like and that's what matters (to me). <_< @ the lack of ffc though but I'll be ok

Technology moves fast. Later next year you'll be wanting the Nokia Ace 2000 with the quad core processor and 64GB of storage. :cool:

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Finances permitting, I'm going to jump on it as soon as possible after it becomes available. I'm thinking the blue, just so tired of black.

Sent from my Samsung Focus using Board Express

cckgz4

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Technology moves fast. Later next year you'll be wanting the Nokia Ace 2000 with the quad core processor and 64GB of storage. :cool:

That is true LOL. If the Ace turns out to be a really hot phone (and not too expensive), I may look at it when I'm ready to make my purchase.

johaas

Sep 13, 2011
Visit site
Please Verizon, take notice of something...anything! I'm really liking the 800; the lack of a front facing camera isn't a big deal to me. Anxious to see what else Nokia has up their sleeve!

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Please Verizon, take notice of something...anything! I'm really liking the 800; the lack of a front facing camera isn't a big deal to me. Anxious to see what else Nokia has up their sleeve!

You'll no doubt be happy to hear that Verizon does indeed have a presence at Nokia World as reported by Mary Jo Foley, so that has to be a good sign.

Stig

Jan 24, 2004
Visit site
I guess the million dollar question is when are these phones going to be available in the US?
I for one am seriously considering getting two; one for myself and the other for eBay.

I'm guessing a lot of you US guys would like to get your hands on one before 2012.

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
After watching all the hands on videos of the 800 today, I fell in love. It's so gorgeous, and the specs are perfect, I must have it.

albertleao

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
No removable battery, no front facing camera, a 3.7 inch display. The 800 doesn't seem to compare to the Titan or the Focus S. Sure the build quality is great, but I've had my Focus for over a year now and never had a problem with it.

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
No removable battery, no front facing camera, a 3.7 inch display. The 800 doesn't seem to compare to the Titan or the Focus S. Sure the build quality is great, but I've had my Focus for over a year now and never had a problem with it.

In my opinion, the 800 trumps the Titan, and rivals the Focus S.

The front facing camera is a gimmick, and I don't think anyone here will argue otherwise. Removable battery is somewhat of a moot point, some argue that they like the ability to carry a spare battery and/or replace it themselves, others like how phones that lack the removable battery have a much more solid feel (generally) and smoother design. And the 3.7 inch display could be perfect for some users, or horrible for others, it really comes down to preference, I happen to think that it is a perfect screen size.

Also, we have to look at what the general first-time-smartphone-buyer public is going to look at. They don't understand what all the specs mean, what they notice, is the build, and the 800 SOARS in that category. It is an incredibly attractive phone, and it is what WP7 needs to draw in new users, and get everyone to take notice of the platform.

jdevenberg

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
I want it too! I would be in for 2 (one for me, one for the wife) but she loved her ffc on her my touch 4g and it is the one thing she misses on her hd7. I still want for myself though.

Coffee

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
In my opinion, the 800 trumps the Titan, and rivals the Focus S.

The front facing camera is a gimmick, and I don't think anyone here will argue otherwise. Removable battery is somewhat of a moot point, some argue that they like the ability to carry a spare battery and/or replace it themselves, others like how phones that lack the removable battery have a much more solid feel (generally) and smoother design. And the 3.7 inch display could be perfect for some users, or horrible for others, it really comes down to preference, I happen to think that it is a perfect screen size.

Also, we have to look at what the general first-time-smartphone-buyer public is going to look at. They don't understand what all the specs mean, what they notice, is the build, and the 800 SOARS in that category. It is an incredibly attractive phone, and it is what WP7 needs to draw in new users, and get everyone to take notice of the platform.

not a gimmick, lots of people like video chat, even more around the holidays. It's a great option to have.

Battery access is important. I've had to remove the battery twice when I couldn't restart the phone. Hardware isn't perfect.

I think the 800 is a gorgeous phone, but it's not everything I want. The Focus S is... close. Not sure til it comes out.

3migo

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site
not a gimmick, lots of people like video chat, even more around the holidays. It's a great option to have.

Battery access is important. I've had to remove the battery twice when I couldn't restart the phone. Hardware isn't perfect.

I think the 800 is a gorgeous phone, but it's not everything I want. The Focus S is... close. Not sure til it comes out.

As of now, front facing cameras on WP7 devices is a complete gimmick, as we have no video chat. Of people I know with iPhone 4/4S devices, they say they have used Facetime under 5 times since they got the phone, it is a rarely used feature.

Battery access is handy, but I imagine Nokia was smart enough to input some sort of hard override function, like how the iPhone has its hard reset (Lock button+Home button held down past the off screen).

For me, hardware and that "premium feel" are very important, especially when I'm paying this much for a phone, and while the Focus S is a great phone internally, you can't deny that it's a very average looking phone, and will most likely feel very average as well.

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
I really don't understand the attraction of video chat on such a small screen myself. Much more practical to use Skype on a computer IMO, which you would probably be near anyway since I would imagine you'd only want to do it over WiFi to avoid eating up ridiculous amounts of data as well as get better performance. But that's just me and everyone has their own opinion/situation I suppose.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Ffc not a deal breaker for me. If I want that, it would probably be best served on a tablet where can see the person you're talking to.

He once made a blackberry pie out Mangos. Chickens say "tastes like Mango" when they bite into apples, out of respect. He conquered an entire army of androids with a single Mango. He's the most interesting cell phone user alive. "I dont always use smartphones, but when I do, I use WP. Stay Metro my friends."

gazziza

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
As of now, front facing cameras on WP7 devices is a complete gimmick, as we have no video chat. Of people I know with iPhone 4/4S devices, they say they have used Facetime under 5 times since they got the phone, it is a rarely used feature.

Battery access is handy, but I imagine Nokia was smart enough to input some sort of hard override function, like how the iPhone has its hard reset (Lock button+Home button held down past the off screen).

For me, hardware and that "premium feel" are very important, especially when I'm paying this much for a phone, and while the Focus S is a great phone internally, you can't deny that it's a very average looking phone, and will most likely feel very average as well.

A front facing camera may or may not be a gimmick, however, it is a selling point. If Nokia and MSFT want WP7.5 to be competitive and take a piece of the market share they need more selling points, gimmicks or not. A casual buyer might compare the iPhone 4/4S and the Nexus Prime to the Lumia 800 and notice the lack of video chat. You don't think that employees at wireless dealers don't push the iPhone's ability to do Facetime or Android's to do Skype or Google video chat? If video chatting is such a gimmick, why did Microsoft just recently acquire Skype for 8.5 Billion for a "gimmick?" Or how about Tango bringing out their WP app the Titan and Radar?

It might be a gimmick that will only be used a few times but I'd rather have the option of doing something than not have that ability at all. The point is not how useful something is, the point is do you offer a selling point that can compare to the competition. Without an FFC, the Lumia doesn't and it's already turning a lot of people off.

Again, Nokia and MSFT need selling points and features in the worst possible way. MSFT needs to gain ground in the mobile market and Nokia needs to regain a presence in the US. Releasing a phone that doesn't have as many features as the competition is not going to create sales.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb