Can't download Nokia maps

M

mkr10001

I manage to download the maps but when it comes to install it says

A wifi connection is required to download maps. please connect to a network and try again

Any one else getting this?

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
I always used Nokia Suites through my computer. You can select the maps you want. As D5 said, they are big downloads.

M

mkr10001

It lets me install Wales...but not England.

I'll try through the computer, wasn't finding my phone yesterday though

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
It lets me install Wales...but not England.

I'll try through the computer, wasn't finding my phone yesterday though

I just thought of something. I had a Nokia Map update on my N8 about 3 or 4 days ago. When you connect with Nokia Suite, check for updates first. You may have an update too for maps.

M

mkr10001

I just thought of something. I had a Nokia Map update on my N8 about 3 or 4 days ago. When you connect with Nokia Suite, check for updates first. You may have an update too for maps.

I don't think WP7 works with Nokia suite :/ Not showing up when I plug it in

evrooij

Dec 7, 2011
Visit site
A wifi connection is required....

Hi All ,

I searched the web for this problem and found only this thread...

I have exactly the same issue.
I also have a NOKIA LUMIA 800. This is a windows Phone so you can not use Nokia Ovi suite or any of their other tools. You have to use Zunu. Which is really a Pain...... If you thought that by Ovi suite is bad, you can get worse...... but that is a different discussion. ..... Zunu does not have anything in there to download Maps. So you HAVE to use Wifi

So I download a map, get stuck at 90 % or so and than is says "a Wifi connection is required to download maps......"

It does not show up in the list of downloaded maps. Every!!! map I download ends at 90% with the same error. Trying the same map twice immediately gives this error..

:confused:

M

mkr10001

I ended up resetting the phone from the about menu in settings. It worked after that

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6