Lumia Confirmed For O2 UK....

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
lumia.jpg

Sorry Weebear if it's already been posted. I'm over the moon that O2 are still backing WP. It means I won't have to leave them come my upgrade. :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Don't apologise Big Supes LOL i don't post everything heh. :D

You fancy the Lumia then ? (I love it's design but not wanting it as it's not that different to my Omnia 7)

3 has it, so maybe they will get some more new Nokias in the new year seeing the ratbags have no Titan for me. :(

I can use my upgrade for one of those. :)

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
I love the Lumia, and would love to get my hands on one. I actually think I'd prefer the Titan, but this is still great news; it means O2 are supporting the next gen of Windows Phone. Fingers crossed for the Titan.

I actually think I'll end up with the 900, if all goes well. :)

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Yes very true Big Supes. Hope you get your Lumia or other WP7 soon then from your old watery mob. ;)

(It's still BT Cellnet really) ;)

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Well that's interesting. Shame I've all but decided to leave O2 because I can get a much cheaper sim-only deal elsewhere.

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
Yes very true Big Supes. Hope you get your Lumia or other WP7 soon then from your old watery mob. ;)

(It's still BT Cellnet really) ;)

Aww, my poor HD7 is hurting. It'll be retired to a new and caring owner soon - my mother. :D

Well that's interesting. Shame I've all but decided to leave O2 because I can get a much cheaper sim-only deal elsewhere.

Can't really blame you. The deal clincher for me has to be the call tariff being the cheapest (calling premium numbers), and their customer service has to be one of the best I've experienced in any form of service.

welsbloke

Nov 1, 2011
Visit site
So not so expensive after all then... I suspect they were feeling the heat a little bit especialy with all the exposure the WP7 has been receiving.

I am not sure I understood his argument anyway after all the Apple is ?900 and the Lumia is ?400 for example. This was never about price more about perception and ultimately demand and if the change of heart is about demand then this is good news.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Can't really blame you. The deal clincher for me has to be the call tariff being the cheapest (calling premium numbers), and their customer service has to be one of the best I've experienced in any form of service.

That's what's annoying - I'd agree customer service is great, and I also have home phone/broadband with them. But ?13.50 a month is currently their cheapest sim-only with data, and that's a paltry 100 MB with no bundled wi-fi.

T mobile is ?10.50 with more stuff (currently ?7.71 on a special offer), three is ?10 with a GB of data (1), and Orange have a 7 quid plan that at least gives you 250 MB of data. Only Vodafone are as tight fisted.

I can walk away from them and get a deal that's so much cheaper I still save money on top of losing my ?5 a month bundle discount on the broadband. That's mad!

Big Supes

Sep 1, 2011
Visit site
That sure is a good enough reason to up and leave. I guess they're focusing more on their pay monthly contracted handset deals. At the time of signing up for my HD7, I nearly ended up with a Motart on Orange. The Orange rep was great and I really wanted to go ahead with her, but unfortunately Orange was ?5 extra a month.

I also have their broadband. It was 6 months free of charge and runs a consistent 8mb download speed... which is pretty respectable around these parts.

dreamerbala

Sep 27, 2011
Visit site
I wonder if there are people who changed networks specifically for this phone. I am one of them and I've had calls from O2 to get me back a couple times. But I told them downright that I want the Lumia an no other. Just to let you know, I have an Omnia 7 as well.. and this phone beats it

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa