Nokia Lumia for $280!!!!

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
I think you're the only one who would have anything to do with this website baseballbert. LOL :D

Now, what if the phone has something wrong with it when you get it ?

Hopefully not of course, but good luck with your bargain purchase all the way from Qatar. :)

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
I just got this from the site:
Dear Buyer ,

Thanks for your fast response but we no longer accept paypal for over few weeks now. we accept Western Union or money gram depending on the one nearest to you.

Your item has been packaged and ready for shipment and as soon as you get back now, we will send you an email with the Western Union data .

Await your prompt and fast response soon

Thanks
Mr John Freeman
Sales Manager

Scam?

I just activated a micro sim card in an iPhone (was reminded quickly how much iOS pretty much sucks), so we need to make this happen quick! May need to pay a little more for a more reputable site?

Trash the whole adventure and fire up the Focus again?

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Well i certainly wouldn't have anything to do with it. I'd be buying a little nearer to home.

A brand new Lumia 800 for that price is a little too good to be true if you ask me. :D

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Just got this from another ecrater site:

Dear Customer,

Yes, my company still have the Nokia Lumia 800, (unlocked $320. UNLOCKED TO ALL NETWORK.

The cost of 1 unit Nokia Lumia 800 (unlocked $320 and shipping to your location is available FOR JUST $20 each. FedEx delivery available.

Grand Total is $340

We have it in different colors Black, Cyan, Magenta depending on your choice of color.

Product Includes
Nokia Lumia 800 Smartphone Unlocked
Standard battery
AC travel charger
Stereo headset
User manual

Key Product Features
GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
HSDPA 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
16 GB storage, 512 MB RAM
Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n
8 MP, 3264x2448 pixels, Carl Zeiss optics
Microsoft Windows Phone 7.5 Mango
GPS with A-GPS support

Works with the following wireless carriers:
AT&T GSM
Cingular GSM
T-Mobile
Rogers Wireless
Fido
Vodaphone
Orange
O2
any other GSM carriers in the world

WE ACCEPT WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER FOR ORDER BELOW 10 UNITS AND
BANK TRANSFER FOR ORDER ABOVE 10 UNITS.

We are located in the UK and we are a wholesale mobile trading company.

Currently we are running an End of the year sales promotion that is why you find our price cheap.

3 UNITS PURCHASED, COMES WITH A FREE NOKIA N93 CELLPHONE INCLUDING FREE SHIPPING TO YOUR DESTINATION.

All products are new and originally sealed, and mobile phones we sell are Brand New & SIM unlocked so you can use them with any compatible GSM service provider.Triband or Quadband(850/900/1800/1900) Phones can be usedWorldWide.Phones with 850 MHz & 1900 MHz can be used in the USA and North America.

Models with 1900 MHz will work with AT &T, Voice stream, T-Mobile, Rogers and models with 850 MHz will work with
Cingular.

We will like you to get back to us with your full delivery address and your contact phone number to enable us proceed with packaging of the goods.

Note: How many units are you buying for now

Thanks
Mr Smith.
Sales Manager

Me smells something fishy on the interwebs. Two sites, only take western union, no regular websites, and a sales manager named Mr Smith.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
Located in the UK now ? but the country of the seller on the ecrater website was Qatar ? That doesn't set alarm bells ringing for you ?

Originally $280, now it's $320 on your latest email ?

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Two different stores, both appear shady as **** thanks to your "HEY YOU DUMB YANKEE SOB, USE YOUR HEAD!!" advice.

THANK YOU SIR!!

looking into an Omnia 7, problem is, I can only find 8gb models. The physical home button speaks to me!

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
The only country that had the 16GB Omnia 7 was Germany. Everyone else got 8GB. Pah! :(

Please baseballbert, have nothing to do with that Lumia sale! Scam for sure.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
It looks like I might be able to get an 8gb one for about $70 (eBay funds make up the difference). Hmmmmm...

Mangos taste better than apples!

peestandingup

Aug 24, 2011
Visit site
Dude, no offense, but why waste everyone's time with crap like this?? First in another thread about how you knew where to get a $400 euro Lumia 800 shipped to the states (then after being asked where you were seeing this, the site magically "dried up"). Now this (which is CLEARLY a scam).

Again, no offense, but why even post this stuff??

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Because I thought it was a good way to get the info out to site about s great deal. Thought it was legit until the western union thing.

That's pretty much why.

TheRewardisCheese

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
@BaseballBert......I got lucky a few months ago on Amazon and was able to get a 16GB unlocked/unbranded Samsung Omnia 7 for about $250 brand new. Now the only ones I see are the 8GB. Mine was completely unbranded too....no branded boot up screens or anything.

I am sure ebay must have people selling the 16GB versions for a good deal considering they were being sold on Amazon, etc.....

The omnia 7 is a fantastic phone :) LOVE the metal back too :) The entire phone speaks "quality" and feels great in the hand. If you do end up getting one, you will love it and its what the Samsung Focus SHOULD have been originally in terms of physical build.

Off topic....just picked up a Focus Flash today...couldn't resist:)

palandri

Retired Moderator
Jul 25, 2009
Visit site
There was actually a game store online that sold all the latest PC games like CoD, Battlefield...etc..cheap. They were all legit copies, except you would get a foreign CD or DVD. Most of the time you could change the language after you loaded it, like from Russian to English, and sometimes you couldn't. At least you would get a legit copy of the game cheap.

baseballbert

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
Been using iPhone 4 today (needed microsim activated so I can unlock and sell), and it has sucked. No back button. No hubs, cant post to multiple accounts at once, keyboard doesn't suggest words, pretty much not digging it. Ca t edit docs without $30 in new apps, and I miss skydive.

WP is SO much better, been using my new Focus Touch for everything!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05