12-27-2011 07:02 AM
47 12
tools
    Nope - I'm a bit disappointed that us carrier and sim-unlocked people are at the back of the queue!
    12-14-2011 06:50 AM
    If anyone bought their phone recently it already comes with the update. Mine was shipped from a store in the UK on December 2nd and it already had the battery update on it.
    12-14-2011 08:23 AM
    How can we tell if we already have the update???
    12-14-2011 09:08 AM
    How can we tell if we already have the update???
    Latest software version is mentioned here cgk1. :)

Nokia Lumia 800 Support - Nokia - UK
    12-14-2011 09:14 AM
    Blast... I'm on an old version (well at least not that version!).
    12-14-2011 11:21 AM
    Hi all,

I'm new to the forum. Just bought the Lumia 3 days ago. I would like to say that I really like wp7! The hardware of the phone is second to none imo. The lumia's curved screen is amazing!!! The OS is extremely smooth and have had no problems. The only let down is the camera (although I read its a software thing).
    Regarding the battery life:
    Mine seemed to be ok, leaving it on standby and using it occasionally resulted in a full days use easily. Downloading the update as we speak and will let you all know of any improvements.
    TheWeeBear likes this.
    12-14-2011 12:31 PM

Welcome along to WPCentral Siat, glad you're enjoying Windows Phone on your Lumia, hope your update goes smoothly. :)
    Siat likes this.
    12-14-2011 12:35 PM
    Click to view quoted image

Welcome along to WPCentral Siat, glad you're enjoying Windows Phone on your Lumia, hope your update goes smoothly. :)
    Thanks! Update went well, I will let everyone know how its going in a couple of days. Everything seems to be fine though :)
    12-14-2011 01:02 PM
    That's good news Siat. Yes keep us posted on how you think your update is improving things. :)
    12-14-2011 01:11 PM
    Just completed the update.. Happy Dayz at last.

Will check back to let you know how it's going. :)
    12-14-2011 06:05 PM
    Just plugged in and got it too unlocked device in USA.
    12-15-2011 12:20 AM
    Same here - popped up this morning, updating now. Obviously a second wave all coming through at last!
    12-15-2011 03:59 AM
    im so frustrated... my lumia still has no updates!!!!
    FYI- i have the unlocked version from singapore, using WP7 connector for mac
    12-15-2011 09:17 AM
    Update for you all:

Live tiles:
    Phone
    5 x emails (PUSH)
    SMS
    ME
    WIFI connector
    IE
    Calendar
    Bluetooth connector
    Marketplace

Usage:
    2.5 hours of phone calls
    12 SMS
    36 Emails
    Flashlight 7 on for 14 minutes
    Browsed 12 pages

3G turned off
    WIFI on all day

Remaining Battery Life: 50%
    Estimated Time Remaining: 7 Hours
    Time since charge: 8 Hours

So all in all... Pretty damn good if you ask me.

Happy Dayz
    12-15-2011 11:20 AM
    Ending calls has been wonky for me since the update. What about you all?
    12-15-2011 05:40 PM
    A casual observation so far, but battery life does seem to have had a bump upwards.
    12-16-2011 03:09 AM
    Hi all,

An update so far...the battery life is not as good as I first hoped for. Although with usage going from moderate to high, it has lasted me 8 hours with 24% left. During this time I have watched various youtube clips, taken a few photos, checked my email manually and browsed the internet for around 15-20 minutes. I also had 1 call and sent a few messages.

In my opinion this is not a typical day of usage, I used it much more than expected. Just a tip that I read and has helped quite a few people: setting the date and time manually helps the battery life by quite (try also setting the carrier manually this might also improve the battery life)

Overall I am satisfied with the phone although was expecting a bit more from the battery and the camera is not that special (although I still consider it good).
    12-16-2011 09:01 AM
    I'm happy with the the battery life.

I think removing 'People' and 'Xbox Live' off the home screen improves the life.

You do know there is another update coming in January that improves it still further?
    12-16-2011 12:27 PM
    I'm happy with the the battery life.

I think removing 'People' and 'Xbox Live' off the home screen improves the life.

You do know there is another update coming in January that improves it still further?
    Yes I know about it. Removing the people hub removes a very important tile imo as this is the one you are most likely going to use during the day. Also I read that the phone improves after around 2 weeks (maybe you need to condition the phone)...we will wait and see I guess! The hardware is truly brilliant though :happy:
    12-16-2011 12:30 PM
    My battery seems to have improved after the update, bring on the next one.
    12-16-2011 12:55 PM
    Mine was a bit bad to start with. But, the battery has been getting better with recharges. Also, little to no connection at office isnt really helping the cause
    12-19-2011 05:44 AM
    Just a quick update with regards to my experience with battery life. At first I was a bit underwhelmed with the battery but as more time passes it has improved substantially! I would be worried that it wouldn't last me a whole day with normal use, but it now does so easily.

Last night at 2AM it still had around 25% charge after using it normally from 7AM (of the previous day) which is very good imo! A Nokia spokesman said that the software update should be coming in 3 weeks (not to the black color strangely enough).

Hope your experience with the phone has been as good as mine (I absolutely love wp7.5 )
    12-27-2011 07:02 AM
47 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD