Nokia Battery Update available!

marbla

Nov 28, 2011
Visit site
Of course as a forum participant I am a bit oversensitive about this kind of thing, but it does suck to know that there is an update but it won't load till someone pulls the switch for my phone to be eligible :-D

Gorki247

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I can understand that the final date may be dependent on the carriers, but I would have thought that unlocked phones would be first to receive the update.

Got a UK unlocked phone, but no update yet. Hopefully it's not long to wait.

Pronk

Jun 22, 2011
Visit site
Still nothing for me either. Though WP7 connector has stopped saying "there are no updates" and is now saying "we cannot check for updates at this time". Hmm!

yloop

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm on Orange and got the update immediately. I think it's completely random and not carrier based.

To be honest though, my battery life is still as bad.

trmnta82

Nov 20, 2011
Visit site
If anyone bought their phone recently it already comes with the update. Mine was shipped from a store in the UK on December 2nd and it already had the battery update on it.

Siat

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum. Just bought the Lumia 3 days ago. I would like to say that I really like wp7! The hardware of the phone is second to none imo. The lumia's curved screen is amazing!!! The OS is extremely smooth and have had no problems. The only let down is the camera (although I read its a software thing).
Regarding the battery life:
Mine seemed to be ok, leaving it on standby and using it occasionally resulted in a full days use easily. Downloading the update as we speak and will let you all know of any improvements.

TheWeeBear

Jan 9, 2011
Visit site
welcome.gif

Welcome along to WPCentral Siat, glad you're enjoying Windows Phone on your Lumia, hope your update goes smoothly. :)

Yakkob

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Update for you all:

Live tiles:
Phone
5 x emails (PUSH)
SMS
ME
WIFI connector
IE
Calendar
Bluetooth connector
Marketplace

Usage:
2.5 hours of phone calls
12 SMS
36 Emails
Flashlight 7 on for 14 minutes
Browsed 12 pages

3G turned off
WIFI on all day

Remaining Battery Life: 50%
Estimated Time Remaining: 7 Hours
Time since charge: 8 Hours

So all in all... Pretty damn good if you ask me.

Happy Dayz

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro